Shaun- What to do. Your opinions needed.

Trash
Chrissy

Shaun- What to do. Your opinions needed.

Post by Chrissy »

Hello Global Mods and Admin,

After reading many posts dealing with Shaun i have become baffled and weighed down about what to do and would really like your opinions on this before i come to a conclusion.

As many of you know, Shaun writes to actors/actresses excessively, like 5 times a month as he's said. Especially to Vidic. Now many members are upset at him and believe that he is being greedy and not letting others have a chance to get successes and also believe that he could ruin getting autographs for many people with his multiple requests.

Now the thing that really bothers me, was hearing that when he sends letters he sometimes fakes his name and writes another name or signs it "M". I think this is a BAD EXAMPLE to the board COMPLETELY. As a moderator he should not be writing fake letters and getting excessive amounts of autographs by doing so. This is a poor example to others as a higher ranked member on this forum. You cannot be a moderator (In my point of view) by setting such examples and making it seem like it is a good idea to go ahead and do so. Shauns issue has gotten WAY out of hand and he has now asked me to help him. But as a member of my team i feel like he should be demoted as his help is poor and his arguing with people continues. I am shocked at what he is doing. I do not think it's right.

Please let me know what you think.

Chrissy
Thank you -Lil1- for the siggie set!
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Shaun- What to do. Your opinions needed.

Post by Larisie »

Ummm....lets see here.
Personally, I thought Shaun should've been demoted from being a moderator ages ago. It's not the first time we've discussed Shaun's "issue" if you will. The only thing is that we don't really have proof that he's doing the sorts of things you say he is regarding the letters and signing them with different names. I do think it is unfair to other members that he is constantly writing to celebrities over and over again, but really we don't have that option to stop him as it's his own choice.
Sometimes I believe he's only doing this to get a lot of ballots for the $10 gift certificate. I do have to agree with you though and say that I have not seen him being helpful as a moderator and if he's arguing with members that's certainly not right. Sure you don't always have to agree with them, but there are other ways to solve things. I think it should be your decision as to whether or not to demote him (possibly back to a TM?) but it's good that you've asked our opinions on the issue. {up}

Larisie
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

Thanks for your input Larisie!!

But heres the proof that he's writing as other people..

http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... nedgt6.jpg

He's signed it as M, probably hoping to get just a signed picture and the actor was smart enough to put "M".

Chrissy
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

I have to agree. I think he should be demoted. Its been long overdue. I have had countless numbers of pms asking to try and do something with him but there wasnt much I could do. I think he is setting a bad example for all the other members of this forum. Even though theres not much we can do about him writing so many times to a celeb we can atleast demote him as he is not worthy of being a mod. Plus his attitude isnt very friendly at all. He actually comes off as arrogant and like he doesnt care.
ldy josie x
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by ldy josie x »

Hi guys :)

I'm glad you brought this up, Chrissy. I've been extremely busy lately and haven't had much chance to sign on the forums here, but from what I've seen, it's getting quite ridiculous. His multiple successes are skewing the $10 gift certificate drawing. I agree that his deliberately signing his letters under a different name is setting a bad example on the boards, and although we can't exactly control what he does, we really shouldn't let him continue this as a moderator. Basically, I think we should demote him, perhaps temporarily, if not permanently?

Like Ozzman said, when members bring up his multiple successes, he gets all defensive and arrogant... this is really not the right attitude for a moderator.

- Josephine
For cheap, high-quality photos, magazine pictures, and autographs, please see shop. Click HERE to go!
Feel free to e-mail: josephine@fanmail.biz
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

Thank you both for your opinions!! I have taken it into great thought and i have asked Admin to demote shaun from being a moderator.

Thank you so much for your help!!!

I'll keep you posted!!

Chrissy
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

Update

I have spoken to admin and i don't think he will be demoting shaun. But i have asked to kick him off my team. Maybe a poll should be set up?

Chrissy
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

What are the reasons he is not demoting him?
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

He didn't say. He basically said that he would not ask Shaun to stop writing to celebrities. And thats about it.

Chrissy
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

We are not asking him to stop writing we are asking to demote him because it is setting a bad example to the other members of the forum.