You Know You're Addicted to Autograph Collecting When..

Vote for your favorite characters / TV Shows...
missmaexox
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

You Know You're Addicted to Autograph Collecting When..

Post by missmaexox »

I thought this would be a fun game! I've seen on some websites that have lists, like 'You know you're from ___ when' or 'You know you're addicted to ___ when' online. I'm guessing most of the people on here have seen them, too. There's addicted to internet, addicted to tv, etc. And I thought I'd make one for autograph collectors! I have a few things below, and people can add things to the list (remember, this is a funny list, not a serious one). I'll update it once a week with any new things people add! You can add however many things you want. So, I'll start:

You know you're addicted to autograph collecting when..
You check the mailbox 3 times a day, hoping something new will be there each time.
You kiss your autograph binder to bed each night.
You freak out if you'd had an autograph dryspell.
When your family sees a yellow envelope in the mailbox, they know it's for you.
Your autograph binder is bigger than your school binder.
You wait outside the post office until it's open.
You get out of school and the first thing you want to do is check the mail. (thanks Paigey012)
Your parents know what SASE and IRCs are because that's all you talk about. (thanks Paigey012)
You check the mailbox 10 times until the mail comes. (thanks Ryco11757)
You go on fanmail.biz 3 hours a day. (thanks Ryco11757)
The local post office automatically fish out the IRCs when you walk in. (thanks melon_dude)
You go to school/work with a big smile on your face and your friends know that you've got a new autograph. (thanks melon_dude)
You text your parents to see if you have any mail. (thanks matze16 and DSUgirl2012)
You stop in the middle of homework and studying to go on fanmail.biz. (thanks DSUgirl2012)
You put your homework aside to write a letter of request. (thanks DSUgirl2012)
When you are watching TV or a movie you keep thinking of writing that celebrity a request. (thanks DSUgirl2012)
When you run out of stamps you immediately go to Staples or the Post Office because it drives you nuts. (thanks DSUgirl2102)
You can't concentrate on work until the mail comes. (thanks DSUgirl2012)
You stand by your window to see if the mailman is placing any manilla envelopes in your mailbox. (thanks DSUgirl2012)
You stand outside your house waiting for the mailman to come up your street. (thanks DSUgirl2012)
You are on the mailman's heels while he is delivering mail waiting for him to turn onto your street. (thanks matze16)
You check your mailbox a few times again although you know the mail has already come, but you're hoping the mailman forgot an envelope. (thanks matze16)
You find British stamps with your money when you're in Belgium. (thanks qwertyuiop)
You go to the shop everyday to get new envelopes and stamps even though you have loads at home. (thanks x-Jen-x)
You're reading and replying to this post. (LOL, thanks johnnylightning)
You leave your company's big Christmas party early to drive an hour to get Melanie to sign your Woodstock album. (thanks dobie516)
You stand out in the pouring rain under an umbrella to meet Joan Baez. (thanks dobie516)
You get to a book signing before 5AM when the book signing is at 1PM. (thanks dobie516)
You call in sick from work and drive 5 hours and book a hotel room for the night to get one more signature on your Woodstock album. (thanks dobie516)

So, add on to the list! I want to see what funny things people can think of! :)

-Kelsey :mrgreen:
Paigey012

Re: You Know You're Addicted to Autograph Collecting When..

Post by Paigey012 »

Really cool topic :lol:

You know you're addicted to autograph collecting when...
You cant wait to get home from school to check the mail.
Your parents know what SASE's and IRC's are because that is all you talk about.

:lol: :razz:
Ryco11757
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ryco11757 »

You know you're addicted to autograph collecting when
I check the mailbox 10 times until the mail comes
my parents do know when they see a yellow sase it is for me
i go on fanmail.biz 3 hours a day
melon_dude
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by melon_dude »

Nice topic :)

You Know You're Addicted to Autograph Collecting When...
-The local Post Office automatically fish out the IRCs whenever you go in.
-You go to school/work with a big smile on your face and your friends know that you've got a new autograph.
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

melon_dude wrote:You Know You're Addicted to Autograph Collecting When...
-The local Post Office automatically fish out the IRCs whenever you go in.
-You go to school/work with a big smile on your face and your friends know that you've got a new autograph.
There good ones :lol:
missmaexox
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by missmaexox »

Thanks everyone! They have all been added! I have decided this list will be updated every Sunday, and it will be more than once a day, during Sunday I'll add posts as they come in! So add more today!

-Kelsey :mrgreen:
DSUgirl2012
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DSUgirl2012 »

You Know You're Addicted to Autograph Collecting When...
You stop in the middle of doing homework and studying just to go on fanmail.biz.
You put your homework aside and start writing a letter to a celebrity.
All you think about while you watch t.v or a movie that you have to write to the celebrity.
Your right out of envelopes or stamps you have to go right away to the post office or Staples because it will drive you insance if you wait a day or two.
You can't concentrate on any work until the mail comes
You stand by your window to see if the mailman is placing any manila envelopes in your mailbox
You stand outside your house anxiously waiting for the mailman to come up your street
You text/call your parents while you are at school or college to see if there was anything in the mail for you
Last edited by DSUgirl2012 on Sun May 03, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matze16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by matze16 »

:lol: ...You ask your parents to send you an text message on your mobile phone, while you are at school/university, when there is an C5 envelope with your address on it in the mailbox.

:lol: ...You are on the mailman's heels, while he is walking through your neighborhood, constantly hoping that he will eventual turn into your street.

:lol: ...You check your mailbox a few times again, although you know that the mailman has been already there, hoping that the mailman just forgot to throw in your envelope and (hopefully) came back again.

Regards,
matze16
qwertyuiop
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by qwertyuiop »

You Know You're Addicted to Autograph Collecting When you find British stamps with your money when you're in Belgium.
Happened to me lol.