Please advise on auction [

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.

Moderator: admin

Please advise on auction [

Post by Guest »

Hey!

I want to raise money for a local childrens chairty and I need to know how long it would take to collect all the autographs if I want to raise £500.

The charity offers assistance for children who want to learn a new sports skill like football or tennis etc. They are raising £2500 for a 2-day residental course in February 2006.

Any help would be appreciated /////////

Thomas
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner
Interests:

Re: Please advise on auction [

Post by TheCollector »

Anonymous wrote:Hey!

I want to raise money for a local childrens chairty and I need to know how long it would take to collect all the autographs if I want to raise £500.

The charity offers assistance for children who want to learn a new sports skill like football or tennis etc. They are raising £2500 for a 2-day residental course in February 2006.

Any help would be appreciated /////////

Thomas
Hi Thomas {up}

Good question!

It is really impossible to tell you how long it will take you to raise the £500 you want. It really depends on how many autographs you can collect, and what the saleable value of those would be.

For instance, if you can get your hands on a few autographs from "major/A List" celebrities then you could probably reach your goal quite easily. However it will probably take you longer to collect this type of autograph.

You may well find it easier to collect a larger number of less high-profile autographs, which you might find quicker to respond.

I guess you are based in the UK as you are asking about raising £'s so, a great idea is to collect "of the moment" autographs. I mean, try to find some in-vogue signers whose autograph might be highly desirable.

We have some fantastic actors and musicians in the UK, and many movies are made over here every year, (have a look at the movie collectors forum for info). Many major celebs now reside in the UK (at least for part of the time), so you should be able to get a decent collection without having to spend a lot on overseas postage!!!

I hope this helps, but if I can be of any further help, please let me know.

And in the meantime - GOOD LUCK!!!! {up} {up} {up}

Ian
celebrityfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

collecting

Post by celebrityfan »

Hi Thomas,

The charity I am collecting for needs about £200,000 this year to run and I am collecting from the A-list celebrities such as Al Pacino, Sylvester Stallone and Vin Diesel.

I usually check the Feedback forum for A-list successes and then I find a picture and send it off to the person the next day, I will be writing to Clint Eastwood and Robert De Niro soon because I have seen a recent success and they will most likely help out my charity.

If you need anymore help just ask {up}

Thanks! {up}

:D Steffi :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:20 pm.
:D Steph :D

Auto count: 185

Gerard Butler = The Next Bond

Visit my site! http://www.freewebs.com/celebrityfanautos

Credit to: hangman