My success at Fundraising for Charity

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.

Moderator: admin

Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

My success at Fundraising for Charity

Post by Debs eleven »

Just thought I would add some hints to the information Ian has already posted.

Three years ago my friend's 6 yr old son was killed in a hit-and-run. We started to raise money to pay a reward for any information leading to conviction of the driver.

We held a Ladies Night, and I wrote to a couple of local celebs asking if they could help in any way. Linda Henry from ITV's Bad Girls phoned me and said she would come along with five other actresses from the show and raise money by signing pics for £2 each, having fotos taken for £5 each and auctioning off scripts, and a jacket. The dearest items to go were the jacket (£300) and the last script of series 5 (£300)! So I would definitely recommend this idea for any of you trying to raise money for a good cause.

I also wrote to Sir Richard Branson, just requesting any help he could give, and within 2 months he wrote a fantastic supportive letter offering £30,000 for anyone with information leading to a conviction. Even though no-one has been convicted the pledge still stands. My point being, that until you ask, you never know what you can get!!

Good luck everybody.

(For anyone interested, more information for the above is available at: http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/search/dis ... r_hunt.php )
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
Interests:

Thanks!

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Debs eleven {up}

Thanks for your posting!

It sounds like your auction was a fabulous success for a very worthy cause.

Where did you hold your auction, I mean was in a church hall etc. Also, how did you publicise it?

Cheers {thumb2} [uk]

Ian
Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Debs eleven »

Hi Ian, I must have missed your last post - sorry to take so long to reply.

We hired a local venue for £100; they ran their own bar so we didnt have to worry about providing booze and barstaff. We supplied food. We charged £15 a ticket and sold about 200 to all the local mums (posters at the schools, and community places were put up; word-of-mouth, and the local paper took a big interest in the story.

Luckily, when Richard Branson offered the £30,000, the local paper covered the story and added a free advert for the Ladies Night at the end of it).
TheCollector
Interests:

Auction

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Debs eleven {up}

Thanks for that.

I am just trying to get together some ideas about the best way to suggest for the auction to run!

Cheers!

Ian
Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Debs eleven »

What ideas have you got so far Ian, or is it all still at too early a stage to say?
TheCollector
Interests:

Auction

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Debs,

At the moment it looks as if the first phase will be auctioning on a dedicated auction website designed specifically for the auction (rather than Ebay!)

Other than that I am not really too sure. I am really only collecting for the scouts and after that it will be up to them what to do! I will obviously be putting in my penny's worth though!!!!!

It looks as if the auction will be during the summer holidays (August time), so I am sure I will know more nearer the time!

I'll keep you all posted!

Cheers!

Ian
PleaseSignHereX________
Interests:

some one help please..............................

Post by PleaseSignHereX________ »

i dont want to auction these off on ebay as they make u pay for each item sold and lsited i want 100 proceeds go to her medical fund any ideas anyone? i juststarted to use ibidfree.com they charge you nothing at all no sign up no listing fee no end of auction fee. but im not to sure this as well known as i though? any ideas anyone how cna i get the message out?
Auction 4 Amanda is setup to help raise the much needed funds for Amanda Kachmarsky who was very seriosly injuried 1 year ago that had left her in a coma and with brain damage and injuries. This will help her and her family with the medical exspense that occured
Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Debs eleven »

Perhaps you could sell them via this forum?

Advertise them here and anyone interested could PM you. It would all have to be based on trust though, and hopefully everyone would pay up.

Post by Guest »

well anyone interested can surely go to the link i have provided or go through the web page i created for amanda
http://www.freewebs.com/auction4amanda/index.htm

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:28 pm.