Celebrityfan's Top 10 Tips

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.

Moderator: admin

celebrityfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Celebrityfan's Top 10 Tips

Post by celebrityfan »

Hi, I've decided to post what 10 things should always be put in a letter to a celebrity asking for an autograph, in order to raise money for charity.

In my experience, these tips should help you get a lot of autographs for your chosen charity.

(The tips are in no particular order)

1. Always tell the celebrity what the money raised will be sent to.

The celebrity wants to make sure that you are not just faking it, you should also mention why you are collecting for the charity.

2. Always be polite (please, thank yous, etc)

Celebrities don't like people who aren't polite to them, if the request is polite then most times; celebrities will send you an autograph.

3. Never demand the celebrity to do anything (ask politely)

Don't say : 'I want an autograph for a charity auction, send one to me'.

Say: 'Would you mind taking the time to sign a picture of yourself for the charity auction to raise money for the _____________'

4. Provide at least an SAE, with IRCs or stamps (if possible)

Some celebrities pay for postage, others don't. If you want to help your chance of recieving an autograph then provide an SAE with your letter.

5. Be patient

Not all celebrities are in the place that you sent your letter to 24/7. They may be away filming, some letters are forwarded to the celebrity; others are left until the celebrity comes back and looks through their mail.

6. Print your letter on a computer

It looks more smart and formal, and if you make a mistake you can just adjust it on the computer. Plus, if you have small or unreadable handwriting then the celebrity won't be able to read it!

7. Keep your letters short and sweet.

Don't go on and on and on about the charity or the celebrity or yourself. Keep it to the point. Do not go over one A4 page.

8. If you recieve an RTS - wait for a couple of months before trying again.

Celebrities may not be able to be contacted because they are away, therefore if you try again a couple of months later then they may be back from filming, holiday, or anything else.

9. If you recieve an autograph, write back to the celebrity to thank them and tell them how much their autograph made in the auction.

Celebrities like to know that they've made a difference so they will be more than happy to find out how much their autograph made at auction.

10. Keep Trying - Send As Many Letters Out As Possible!

I have sent over 20 requests out (although not as much as Ian), and received about 95% back with an autograph. Just send them out to everyone and anyone, they will be more than happy (most of the time) to send you either a signed picture, clothing, posters, script, etc.

Hope these tips will help you to collect autographs for a successful charity auction!
:D Steph :D

Auto count: 185

Gerard Butler = The Next Bond

Visit my site! http://www.freewebs.com/celebrityfanautos

Credit to: hangman
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner
Interests:

Re: Celebrityfan's Top 10 Tips

Post by TheCollector »

celebrityfan wrote:Hi, I've decided to post what 10 things should always be put in a letter to a celebrity asking for an autograph, in order to raise money for charity.
Thanks steffi {up}

That is a really useful list of advice - well done! :wink:

Ian :mrgreen:
Acorns
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Acorns »

Great tips, found this after id sent loads but already did most of the above :D
Life its self is worth nothing, its the things you put in it that make it priceless

All autographs I have collected are for a Charity auction. The money is going to a childrens hospice called ACORNS which is a wonderful place
http://www.acorns.org.uk/

enjoy completing surveys? want to get paid doing it?
[url]http://my.yougov.com/go.aspx?id=811af1e7-e5f6-43fd-b287-88fe68956b93
[/url]
macys-loving-hearts
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by macys-loving-hearts »

Many thanks for these tips a great help
Wondolor
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector