MMA Collectors

Chat about UFC/MMA, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Tennis, and Soccer here.
phyteguru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: MMA Collectors

Post by phyteguru »

It sucks how far down her autograph has gone since she has been in the UFC. It used to be a really nice signature with full 'Ronda Rousey'.

And then the fact that she has a friend write "To Whomever" on it makes it even worse. I luckily got my stuff from her before she switched to the dark side.

On that note, at least her autograph isn't as bad as Claude Patrick or Matt Mitrione.
Check out my Collection
http://www.facebook.com/gurugrapher
-One Fight at a Time-
1391 UFC Fighter Autographs Obtained
132 To Go
deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

phyteguru wrote:It **** how far down her autograph has gone since she has been in the UFC. It used to be a really nice signature with full 'Ronda Rousey'.
And then the fact that she has a friend write "To Whomever" on it makes it even worse. I luckily got my stuff from her before she switched to the dark side.
On that note, at least her autograph isn't as bad as Claude Patrick or Matt Mitrione.
Kelly & I were texting about this yesterday.
Part of the problem is on cards she is trying to sign off the image.
Some of these fighters don't know we want the card signed up nice & large on the bottom-middle of the card.

You can see that in Kelly's ttm & I see it on other cards guys are getting back ttm.
Here is Connor's: https://twitter.com/C_Rylatt/status/524301449811857408
& Trent's: https://twitter.com/MasterTrifecta/stat ... 9344841729
(both guys removed the helper's inscription)

On Kelly's TTM she def tried to squeeze in the autograph vs giving a junk/quick scribble.
deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

Over 20 more MMA TTM addresses added to MMA Sports Community:
http://forums.mmasportscards.com/index/

Register for FREE & post on the hobby site, most of us already are.

TTYL, David
phyteguru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by phyteguru »

Hey guys, long story short - I told Sean Wheelock I'd spread the word about his book called "Is It Legal?" Sean and founder of the UFC Art Davie wrote a book that discusses how the UFC started. It's INSANELY good. I highly recommend reading it. Here is my review.
http://www.amazon.com/review/RB5BHGHHDT1XH
(BUY IT. WITCH'UR MONEY)

It is hard to begin a review on a book like this. The book is full of previous untold truths mixed with rumors, facts and straight business that everyone wants to know. I wish I could say I was there for UFC 1 or even a viewer of the first UFC pay-per-view, but I cannot. Though I have now been following the sport for nearly 15 years, I know there are thousands of stories that I've yet to hear. This book unlocked many of those stashed-away for a rainy day stories that I'd always wondered about.

In 2006, I decided to start a collection. A likely impossible collection. I wanted to be the first person in the world to get an autograph from every fighter to ever fight in the famous Octagon. Fast forward eight years and I am still working on this dreaded but always rewarding task. As the UFC was expanding at an extreme rate, I decided to cut the list down to UFC 150 and older, otherwise, my list would never end. I now have 1069 autographs with only 259 to go and will continue on this project until I finish.

Through this project, I have spoken with may fighters, referees, judges, announcers, and other personalities to help me advance my project. When Sean Wheelock had agreed to do this book, he realized there were many fighters he wanted to talk with to make sure he had their side of the story. One of those fighters was Colorado native Trent Jenkins. Mr. Jenkins fought as an alternate at UFC 1 and pretty much disappeared into the darkness. Mr. Wheelock contacted me to see if I had any ties with Mr. Jenkins because he had something he was working on. He was unable to mention the book at the time, but said he would keep in touch, as would I. Throughout my contacts in the MMA community, social media, and many e-mails - we were able to track down the contact information for Mr. Jenkins. Of course, the information was forwarded to Mr. Wheelock and after a lengthy phone call with Trent, the rest was history.

Mr. Davies' side of the story was insane but just as I'd hoped. When I was reading the book, I felt like I was there. The character descriptions and the word choices made me literally feel in the moment. I have read just about every MMA book on the market and though the others are great, none are like this. This book is an absolute must for anyone that wants to know the history of the UFC. Mr. Wheelock and Mr. Davie are class-acts and deserve praise for bringing out the untold history. Watching the UFC unfold page to page kept me locked in and I read the book in three sittings. I wish nothing but the best for the great writers of this story.

Oh, and Big John McCarthy did not accept Kevin Rosier's pizza challenge.
Enjoy.
Keep reading.
Support MMA.
@gurugrapher
Bruce Huckfeldt
Check out my Collection
http://www.facebook.com/gurugrapher
-One Fight at a Time-
1391 UFC Fighter Autographs Obtained
132 To Go
TommyL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TommyL »

today, after 11 days i got another polish fighter autograph - KSW fighter - Szymon Bajor.

ConRyl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ConRyl »

Ronda Rousey
C/O Glendale Fighting Club in 149 days and signed 1/1
chip8989
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chip8989 »

Ronda has clearly tired of signing. I can't say I blame her. I'm grateful she was so great for so long. The last two posted returns are not worth the time in my opinion.
deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

chip8989 wrote:Ronda has clearly tired of signing. I can't say I blame her. I'm grateful she was so great for so long. The last two posted returns are not worth the time in my opinion.
Signature seems fine on flats; small cards I agree.
ConRyl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ConRyl »

chip8989 wrote:Ronda has clearly tired of signing. I can't say I blame her. I'm grateful she was so great for so long. The last two posted returns are not worth the time in my opinion.
For the amount of fanmail she probably gets im surprised she signs at all, I wouldn't be surprised if she turns it off soon.
CubsFanKEC1982
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 »

The fact that Ronda still signs (ghost-signed inscriptions or not) is phenomenal. No one should be angered at her signature's deterioration. She is one of, if not the, most recognizable female athlete in America at this point in her career.