Sarah Millican :)

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
iamdanieljlacey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Sarah Millican :)

Post by iamdanieljlacey »

Hi :D

Firstly, this topic should have been written almost two weeks ago - I apologise for it only being uploaded now, however I've been busy with Christmas shopping and other stuff in my life that I've not really had much time to use this website lately! :(

Anyway, months ago, I booked tickets to see the wonderful comedian Sarah Millican on her "Home Bird" tour! It would be my second time seeing her live, and this time I'd planned to try and meet her afterwards as last time, my taxi was ready waiting for me as the show finished. The show day 4th December 2013 quickly came around, and my excitement at potentially meeting one of my favourite comedians was reaching fever pitch!

Before the show, I went to the merch shop and refrained from purchasing a signed DVD and instead only bought a tour programme. I'd taken a flier from one of her DVD's and a pen with me anyway, so I'd rather have tried to meet her than bought an autograph. Her assistant/manager was actually stood at the merch stand while I was buying my programme, and I considered giving him the programme to get Sarah to sign it for me, but then I thought "no, I want to try and meet her".

The show was hilarious as I knew it would be, however Sarah was absolutely full of a cold! She even wore her slippers on stage, and instead of drinking bottled water, she had a mug of honey & lemon hot drink to soothe her throat! Imagine standing on stage for an hour and a half with a sore throat and drinking water?! I couldn't do it - water is vile! Anyway, seeing Sarah was poorly, I didn't think I'd have a chance to actually meet her as I thought she would just go straight to the hotel she was staying at.

At about 10/10:30 the show ended, so I made my way outside to the stage door. After about ten minutes waiting with literally only five other people, I thought that Sarah would have just left already, so started to walk away. Then by chance, I turned around and saw the same assistant/manager guy outside... I was just about to go over to him and ask whether Sarah would be meeting fans, when I heard her famous Geordie accent - she was right in front of me, but I couldn't recognise her as she didn't have her glasses on! Silly Daniel!

I asked her if she would sign my tour programme and my flier, but she hadn't got a pen with her. Luckily, I had one, so she signed my items for me and personalised them! I asked her for a quick photo, which she happily posed for. I then thanked her for taking the time to come outside even though she was poorly, and wished her to get well soon.

Here are the items Sarah signed: http://imageshack.com/a/img96/8535/huk6.jpg
Here is the photo of myself and Sarah: http://imageshack.com/a/img196/5736/0iy4.jpg

Thank you Sarah for an amazing night!

If anyone gets the chance to go and see Sarah live, I strongly advise you go - she's brilliant!
I am no longer using this site. Too many pricks.
Bigdaveholmes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Sarah Millican :)

Post by Bigdaveholmes »

Wrote to chambers management. They replied they couldn't help with autograph gave me the address below:
-Sarah Millican Fan Club
PO Box 532
Manchester
M16 6FA

Sent DVD sleeve to them got signed photo back and unsigned DVD sleeve within 48 hours