Denis Lill, Mel Gutteridge etc. Spider's Web touring cast

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
Phoebe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Denis Lill, Mel Gutteridge etc. Spider's Web touring cast

Post by Phoebe »

Last month I went to see the fantastic Agatha Christie play, Spider's Web which is being toured by Bill Kenwright on Friday the 11th September which was absolutely fantastic, really entertaining. After the show I first met Bruce Montague (best known for BBC 'Butterflies', see the referance in his signature!) who was really lovely. There was just us and one other woman waiting and she left after meeting Bruce. Then out came Denis Lill, who is in The Royal though I have seen his as 'Sir. Talbot Buxomly' in a genius Blackadder episode. We were talking for quite a while about Blackadder, the show and he was a really nice guy! :) Then out came Melanie Gutteridge (the Bill), who was just about to leave throught the stage door but then Denis called her back as she hadn't realised we were waiting for her. Mel was really sweet, by friend talked to her about the Bill and then I was chatting with her about her guesting in BBC Not Going Out earlier in the year and how much I had enjoyed the episode! She said that Lee Mack was so fun to work with.

Then out came Catherine Shipton (Casualty), Karen Elliot and Matthew Hebden who have several TV/theatre credits and they were all really kind and pleased to see us! Karen asked us if we had already met Lucas Hare and Ben Nealon who had left the through the stage door just as we had got there, but we hadn't as we didn't like to disturb them as they had already made to leave/ They were standing at the other side of the street however talking and Karen shouted across to them to come over and sign our programmes! :lol: They were just a friendly, and all of us were talking about Spider's Web & theatre in general, the places the tour was going to and they were really interested in the area and us too. Chatted with them all for ages.

Image Bruce Montague

Image Denis Lill

Image Melanie Gutteridge

Image Catherine Shipton

Image Karen Elliot

Image Matthew Hebden

Image Lucas Hare

Image Ben Nealon

Would really recommend going to see it if you can: Spider's Web.

Phoebe :D
stellar_fuse
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Denis Lill, Mel Gutteridge etc. Spider's Web touring cast

Post by stellar_fuse »

Phoebe wrote:Then out came Denis Lill, who is in The Royal though I have seen his as 'Sir. Talbot Buxomly' in a genius Blackadder episode. We were talking for quite a while about Blackadder, the show and he was a really nice guy! :) Then out came Melanie Gutteridge (the Bill), who was just about to leave throught the stage door but then Denis called her back as she hadn't realised we were waiting for her. Mel was really sweet, by friend talked to her about the Bill and then I was chatting with her about her guesting in BBC Not Going Out earlier in the year and how much I had enjoyed the episode! She said that Lee Mack was so fun to work with.

Well done on your success. I remember that episode of Not Going Out. And I'm hoping to get Denis Lill's autograph to add to my OFaH collection, I might write to him. :) {up}
Phoebe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Denis Lill, Mel Gutteridge etc. Spider's Web touring cast

Post by Phoebe »

stellar_fuse wrote:
Phoebe wrote:Then out came Denis Lill, who is in The Royal though I have seen him as 'Sir. Talbot Buxomly' in a genius Blackadder episode. We were talking for quite a while about Blackadder, the show and he was a really nice guy! :) Then out came Melanie Gutteridge (the Bill), who was just about to leave throught the stage door but then Denis called her back as she hadn't realised we were waiting for her. Mel was really sweet, by friend talked to her about the Bill and then I was chatting with her about her guesting in BBC Not Going Out earlier in the year and how much I had enjoyed the episode! She said that Lee Mack was so fun to work with.

Well done on your success. I remember that episode of Not Going Out. And I'm hoping to get Denis Lill's autograph to add to my OFaH collection, I might write to him. :) {up}
Thanks stellar_fuse, I really love Not Going Out - can't wait for the next series. :razz: Good luck if you are writing to Denis, he seems to be a really nice guy.

Phoebe :D