Cobie Smulders and Brendon Urie Success (NYC)

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
darth scranton
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Cobie Smulders and Brendon Urie Success (NYC)

Post by darth scranton »

I recently visited New York City to catch a few Broadway shows, and as an autograph collector, do a little celebrity searching.

I ended up seeing in person, but not able to get a chance to speak with or get an autograph from, Joy Behar, Kevin Kline, Kate Burton, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Steve Carell, Kristin Wiig, Matt Lauer, Hoda Kotb, Al Roker, and Donna Murphy. The most frustrating one was Lin-Manuel Miranda, because he made a surprise appearance on the plaza at the Today show, and was really kind to all the fans there, giving autographs and taking selfies. Unfortunately, thanks to a couple of folks costumed as Minions who were standing right in front of me, preventing him from getting to me. It was frustrating to miss out on getting to meet a genius like him, but still cool to be that close (he was even closer than in this pic, but I was trying to have my camera ready for a selfie and didn't take any more).

Anyway, I did have success at the Broadway shows I attended. I saw "Present Laughter," starring Kevin Kline, which was an incredible play. After the show, at the stage door, I had the chance to meet Cobie Smulders ("How I Met Your Mother," the Marvel films), get her autograph, and take a photo with her. She was really sweet!
Image Image

The next day, I attended a performance of "Kinky Boots," starring Brendon Urie, which was also excellently done! The stage door was insane afterwards, as almost everyone from the show wanted to meet Brendon, as did a lot of fans who didn't attend the show. After the rest of the cast came out (and were all very kind, as well), the crowd went nuts when Brendon appeared. Though he moved quickly, he was very nice to every fan he encountered. I was behind a row of people, so I didn't get a picture with him, but I did get his autograph and was as near him as I'll probably ever be. So, a neat experience!
Image Image Image

All in all, an exciting trip to NYC!
Favs: Andrew Garfield, Nathan Lane, Tom Hanks, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jake Odmark, Nicole Sullivan, Allison Janney, Pierce Brosnan, Brendon Urie, David Hyde Pierce, Aaron Tveit, Phyllis Smith, Dallon Weekes, Cate Blanchett, Anna Kendrick, Jeremy Irons, Roger Moore, Michael Caine, Lori Loughlin, Lily Tomlin, Zachary Levi, Cory Michael Smith, Kathy Najimy, David Mazouz, Eddie Redmayne, Kristin Chenoweth, Jimmy Smits, Nick Offerman, Tom Hardy, Martin Sheen, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Ian McDiarmid, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Charlie McDermott, Amy Poehler, Emma Thompson, Efrem Zimbalist, Chris Hardwick, Rupert Grint, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Daniel Craig, Jim Broadbent, Jenna Fischer, Ben Whishaw, Helen Mirren, Patricia Heaton, James/Oliver Phelps, Julie Walters, Carol Burnett, Adam West, Neil Flynn, Frank Oz, Daniel Radcliffe, Betty White, Maggie Smith, James Earl Jones, Tina Fey, Sheryl Crow, Judi Dench, Seth MacFarlane, Geoffrey Rush, Alan Rickman, Dick Van Dyke, John Williams