Writers' Strike

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Sun Devil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Writers' Strike

Post by Sun Devil »

I hope this strike lasts for years. Those poor, poor writers.

Hollywood and it's writers have not been worthwhile in 10-15 years. All the shows now are total crap, reality based shows have ruined the entire market and it's pathetic when shows like "scrubs" and "24" are considered great series. How tv has changed. Maybe the actors can claim Federal Assistance while unemployed.

Bring back re-runs of Cheers and Magnum PI on primetime. The only decent "new" show that is even worth a lick is Southpark. That's it.
Autograph Fanatic

Post by Autograph Fanatic »

Aw man! I can't believe "Gossip Girl" is on here! I love this show. Does anyone know if they are going to film the rest of the season later?
All Jonas Brothers Fans here is a place to talk about them:
http://www.xmb-host.com/xmb/myforum-jon ... stalk.html

Please sign the "South of Nowhere" petition made by Dgangel.
http://www.petitiononline.com/SON/petition.html
Thanks for the siggy and avatar Hangman!
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

That video explains a bit more about why the writers went on strike, it's ridiculous how little money they make off of dvd sales, and residuals.
JonasBrosLuver
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JonasBrosLuver »

Sun Devil wrote:I hope this strike lasts for years. Those poor, poor writers.

Hollywood and it's writers have not been worthwhile in 10-15 years. All the shows now are total ****, reality based shows have ruined the entire market and it's pathetic when shows like "scrubs" and "24" are considered great series. How tv has changed. Maybe the actors can claim Federal Assistance while unemployed.

Bring back re-runs of Cheers and Magnum PI on primetime. The only decent "new" show that is even worth a lick is Southpark. That's it.
I think this strike is a bad idea. It is really going to effect the way America watches TV. Even if the shows aren't good in the first place, less people are going to watch them, resulting in the possiblility of the broadcasting station shutting down, and then the writer's won't even have a place to work. They will be out of a job just because they went on strike.

I also can't believe how many shows are going to be affected by it. Some of America's favorite shows are going to be reruns for a long time to come.

That's just my opinion....

JBL