Fatal School Shooting - Our thoughts are with them

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Fatal School Shooting - Our thoughts are with them

Post by TheCollector »

I have just heard the very sad news of the fatal shootings in a Finland school near the capital Helsinki. I know you will all join with me in expressing our sincere condolences to those families who have lost loved-ones, and passing on our thoughts to our members from Finland who may have been affected by this tragedy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7082795.stm

Ian :neutral:
Carmelo15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Fatal School Shooting - Our thoughts are with them

Post by Carmelo15 »

It is shocking indeed. :neutral: What more terrifying of this is that he actually post a video on YouTube saying that he will kill people!!! :neutral: This is certainly very sad for the family that have lost their love ones, and hope that they will recover from this tragedy. However, this news will always be in my mind. :neutral:

Credit to yummyicecream26!
seb88
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by seb88 »

I didnt believe it when I saw it on the news. I never thought this would happen over here, in Scandinavia. It seemed so far away, until y-day..
Its really frightening cause now you really know that it can happen anywhere. Next time it might aswell be someone on your school who do someting like this.. :mad: :neutral: :( Damn it!

My condolences to the brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, classmates and all the other ones affected by this horrific incident. I hope we'll be able to figure out how to prevent these tragedies from happening in the future. {down}

R.I.P
My website. My autographs: TheCollection
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When i get sad, i stop being sad and be awesome again. True story!"
elmomommyto2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by elmomommyto2 »

As a teacher, this kind of thing absolutely terrifies and saddens me deeply :(. Every time something like this happens I always hope that it's a wake-up call for those troubled teens to go and seek help for themselves. May the families of these victims find peace and comfort in knowing that their family member will always be remembered as a person, not just a face or name.
glucklich

Post by glucklich »

When I read the title of this thread it terrified me. I have a friend who lives near the capital in Finland, but she lives south in Espoo. I called her and she said she was fine but it really scared her to hear that because her sister is still in school. Things like that are horrific.

And yeah, things like that can happen anywhere, my small school was on lock-down last year because two kids came to our school to "register" but they had knives and where planning to set off a bomb, our secretary noticed one knife coming out of one of the kids pockets and was calm and notified the principal who called the police, they were there within minutes and no one was injured, but there are only 27 people in my high school 9-12, and 15 of them are exchange students, my town only has 200 people in it. So it was really weird to think something like that could have happened.
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

Oh, man. It really scared me when I read it. I just hope that the victims are in a better place now. God bless them.
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME

willardst

Post by willardst »

That was a tragic event,
lets just pray for there families.
-britneyfan-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by -britneyfan- »

This event pretty much affected everyone here in Finland, and people are still in shock. I don't really live near to the place where it happenned but my cousins live there, but thank god they don't go that school, even though they do have friends there. Their friends were ok physically, but I can't even imagine how they feel cos they had to go through this all, and how horrible it must feel to them to return to school... In my school, one of our teachers even started crying in class, and it was horrible...

Latest Success: Anna Belknap
Latest Request: Taylor Swift
Favourite autographs: Britney Spears, Evangeline Lilly, Kate Winslet