books to movies...what do you guys think?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
army*gurl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

books to movies...what do you guys think?

Post by army*gurl »

I was just wondering...what book(s) have you read lately (that have not been made into movies), that you think would make a great movie? and who would you cast as the characters?

just curious ;-)

Like right now, I am reading a book called "The Historian," By Elizabeth Kostova. But I'm not sure who I'd choose to cast as the characters? (btw, this book will be turned into a movie -- Sony has purchased the rights and is expected to release in 2010. but casting is still unknown.)

Anyone else read any good books???
"When in doubt, faint." Keira Knightley
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: books to movies...what do you guys think?

Post by Mighty_Modders »

It probably makes me a terrible person, but most of the books I've read have already been turned into films :P Trainspotting is a great book (but not for the kiddies!) and One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest is probably my favourite book I've read.

This may not count, but the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy would make a great film, it deserves to be made into a great film too. That one that came out a couple of years back was pants compared to the book - and they had to keep changing stuff.

I think with films from books though you should have relatively unknown actors. I don't like em when they use someone big and famous cos then its always like someone else playing that character and not...hmm. I can't think how to make that make sense :P
Youngone
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Youngone »

The book I just finished is already on its way to the big screen, being The Nanny Diaries. And hoping the movie is as just as funny as the book was. But I would have to go with Cradle and All by James Patterson. A very great read. The rundown of the book is two teenage girls who are both pregnant without ever having sex. One turns out too be the child of God the other Satan. I have no idea who would make great characters for the movie version. I mean lets face it choices are almost unlimitied.
The YoungOne
army*gurl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by army*gurl »

hey Mighty_Modders, i agree with you on the whole thing about using non-famous actors...i remember when The Da Vinci Code released, and throughout the whole movie I kept on thinking that's Tom Hanks and not the character Robert Langdon :neutral:

interesting books guys...never read cradle & all, yet...sounds very interesting and see why you'd want it made into a great movie ;-)
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

I'd love to see "Two For Three Farthings" by Mary Jane Staples made in to a movie. It's set in London and is about a ww1 soldier who takes in two young children when their parents die. It's amazing!

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
army*gurl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by army*gurl »

wow! that does sound like a good read & would probably be a great movie to see...thanks for the heads up margotchanning :mrgreen: i'm gonna look for that book... ;-)

keep'em coming guys! i need to expand my library {love}