Talk Shows Question

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
tldepp4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Talk Shows Question

Post by tldepp4 »

Hi I was wandering the other day, about Talk Shows.... well my question is how are they filmed. Like do they film the day before they air, like tuesday's show is filmed monday.... or differnt? Like the talk shows that aren't live, like Ellen or Tyra Banks ?

Thanks
~Trisha~

"What's the point of life if risk is just a board game? You roll the dice but you're just hoping that the rules change
What's the point if you can't bring yourself to say The things you want to say Like dance with my tonight "

Check out my autograph webite: http://www.freewebs.com/tldepp/index.htm
ChattyGirl247

Post by ChattyGirl247 »

Well i think like if it goes on @ 8 they'll film it at 6 or something. it might also be live. i'm not too sure :?
froggys_friend91
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by froggys_friend91 »

haha thats funny because I was wondering the same thing. But you would think that it was filmed like 1 or 2 days ahead of time because they always show clips on what is on the next days show.
James

Post by James »

One's in England are filmed a few days, sometimes a week in advance. One's like Jeremy Kyle are sometimes filmed up to a month in advance.

I went to a Ready Steady Cook! recording once that was being shown half a year later :shock:
LEOx3_LOVE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LEOx3_LOVE »

Yeah I've always wondered that too, But on Oprah.. She said that they film infront of a live audience at 9:00am & The show airs nationally at 4:00pm (central). They do this because if a mistake happens, or if the show ends up being too long somehow.. They can edit it in time before it airs for everyone to see at 4!
Friends Fanatic :D
Credit: Vanessa Hudgens #1 Fan

Latest Success: Gena Rowlands
Most Wanted: Friends Cast & Titanic Cast<3
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

its probably different from show to show...hte only one i can think of is friday night with jonathon ross which is filmed on a thursday :P id doubt many would go out live, early ones anyway, in case any 'naughtyness' came out :lol:
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

NBC late night shows are filmed that day. Pretty much every AMERICAN show THAT I KNOW OF is filmed the day itis aired.
tldepp4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tldepp4 »

Thanks so much, I was just curious! Great responses!
~Trisha~

"What's the point of life if risk is just a board game? You roll the dice but you're just hoping that the rules change
What's the point if you can't bring yourself to say The things you want to say Like dance with my tonight "

Check out my autograph webite: http://www.freewebs.com/tldepp/index.htm
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

I know when Elliott Yamin was on "Ellen", he filmed the episode about a week before it actually aired.