DVD's V's TV Shows

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
cianod25
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

DVD's V's TV Shows

Post by cianod25 »

Which do you prefear, to wait 3 months after a show has ended and get the DVD (no advertisments....pure bliss!) or sit through the commercials just because you love the show?

(I got sick and tired with adverts on CSI's and 24, which are EXTREAMLeY annoying when you need to concentrate on the show)

Whatever about in Ireland where we only have one four minute ad break every 15 minutes, I remember when i was in holiday in America, your ad's are out of hand, like 6 minute breaks every 10 minutes! how can you cope??
Im Irish... Thats all you need to know! ;)
Leprachauns do exist!
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

the kind of things i watch on tv dont generally get put on dvd, so the decisions kinda taken out of my hands :P
i dont have much of a problem with ads anyway. they're not too bad, gotta agree with the point about them in america though, when im watching tv shows and you get the fadeout bit where it would be a break in the us i cant help but feel sorry for em :lol: my favourite one was about hte only time i ever watched lost (too much work to watch that) and there was an ad break then it came back on for...2 minutes. hten it ended. how pointless :P

hoorah for the BBC! :P no ads. shame they dont have any decent shows any more.
cianod25
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cianod25 »

Horrah for the BBC? :shock:
Im Irish... Thats all you need to know! ;)
Leprachauns do exist!
588luver
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 588luver »

For myself I usually don't watch many tv shows when they air on TV. If I do I watch them it's on my DVR and then I can fast forward. This season I started to watch Hereos, but I have gotten so sick of advertisments that I have given up and am waiting for the DVD to come out. My other problem is that they have such long breaks between new episodes that I forget what happens, that's why I would rather wait and not have to be interupted.
LEOx3_LOVE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LEOx3_LOVE »

The shows I watch don't really come out on DVD either & The ones that do, I don't buy because I can always watch re-runs & I don't want to spend the money because once I watch the whole thing, I'll get sick of it.
Friends Fanatic :D
Credit: Vanessa Hudgens #1 Fan

Latest Success: Gena Rowlands
Most Wanted: Friends Cast & Titanic Cast<3