Ipod Shuffle Help

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Ipod Shuffle Help

Post by rpbluesman »

Hey all

I'm having trouble with my Ipod shuffle again.

I'm supposed to be able to hold up to 240 songs (1GB) according to apple.com but when I try to add more songs it says that I have used 966.8 MB.

But the thing is, right below that it says that the music I have on it only takes up 302.5 MB.

Anyone know where that other 664.3 MB is going? I would really like to know because I just spent a $15 gift card on music that I can't do anything with now.
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about

Sharkie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sharkie »

Hi rpbluesman,

My sis has an iPod shuffle that holds 120, that hasn't happend to her yet...

When we have problems with our iPods we, what I call, 'refresh' it. I take of all the songs and update it so the iPod has nothing on it at all. Then, I restart my computer and restart my iPod. Then put all the songs back on. That usually works.

Also check the settings tab if you haven't already. Does it say the same thing under settings too? Cause there's one of those bars under settings that's "explains" it a little better.

Hope that works for you! Like I said, that problem has never happend to me or my sister so I don't know if that will work for you, but good luck!

BTW, the Eagles are great! I love the song 'Take it Easy!' :wink:

Sharkie :mrgreen:
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

the 240 song capacity is based on songs 5 minutes in length. If any of your songs are over that or around that, they might be crowding up your ipod and using up most of the space.