Where do you get the photos?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Nasli
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Where do you get the photos?

Post by Nasli »

I'm new here, don't know where to introduce myself :P But here I am. My name is Nasli I'm from Denmark and I'm also an autograph collector.

So here's my question:

When you send photos with your letter, do you print the photo yourself?
And do you use real photo paper or just plain paper to print the photos on?

In advance thanks! {up}
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

hey, welcome to the site!
everyone is really helpful and accepting here, so dont hesitate to message anyone for help or just to chat :)

When I send pictures with my letter I either
- get them from magazines or print them out on glossy paper.
I think the quality comes out way better on glossy paper and it is harder to bend or tear so it will have a lower chance of getting damaged. You can get photo paper right at the dollar store, like 12 sheets come in a pack. pretty cheap :P
Nasli
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nasli »

Thanks for the welcome Dgangel :D

I actually just got a new printer but I'm being so cheap at the moment, because it'll use so much ink :P
LoL I had imagined that it would be something like you said.
Thanks for the confirmation! :mrgreen:
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

your welcome, hope you like it here! :D
hehe, im being cheap too, well actually I dont have any ink currently, just black and white and thats running out.

well goodluck with collecting, hope you always have a full mailbox :mrgreen:
hemetsphere
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by hemetsphere »

If your looking for great photographs to get signed, please check my eBay store: Hemetsphere Auction Services. I have thounsands of photographs of mostly Movie stars from the Silent Era to today.
K Shackleton
loveryan

:)

Post by loveryan »

We get the photos in google or official website of celebrity :)
Nasli
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nasli »

Got it, thanks for your help! :D
Dougieness

Post by Dougieness »

fan sites ;)
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

Hi Nasli,

When I send a photo to a celebrity, it is always a photo which I print up myself. I find a photo which I like of a celebrity online then I download it to my computer & then I print up the photo's. I print up my photo's onto HP Photo Paper, I have both glossy & high gloss photo paper, this type of paper from HP is very good but this photo paper isn't cheap.

But one word of advice is this, if you decide to print up your own pictures, many pictures online use a low resolution & when printed to photo paper might end up looking fuzzy or showing pixels.

I would suggest using the Internet Movie Database located at http://www.imdb.com/ , they have high quality photo's which have a good resolution & they look really good when printed onto quality glossy photo paper.
Nasli
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nasli »

EugeneE wrote:Hi Nasli,

When I send a photo to a celebrity, it is always a photo which I print up myself. I find a photo which I like of a celebrity online then I download it to my computer & then I print up the photo's. I print up my photo's onto HP Photo Paper, I have both glossy & high gloss photo paper, this type of paper from HP is very good but this photo paper isn't cheap.

But one word of advice is this, if you decide to print up your own pictures, many pictures online use a low resolution & when printed to photo paper might end up looking fuzzy or showing pixels.

I would suggest using the Internet Movie Database located at http://www.imdb.com/ , they have high quality photo's which have a good resolution & they look really good when printed onto quality glossy photo paper.
Thanks for the tip Eugene! And that's what I found out yesterday I could do. I'm one of thoose type who'd rather die the pay for photos, and so I screencap'ed photos from IMDB and resized it on Paint.
And it looks okay I guess, because the photo is such a good quality like you said it makes it much easier to resize them.
As for the glossy paper thing - I'm still doing my little research I work in a photoshop and it's pretty expensive for 25 pieces. I'll see what I can do about it.

Thanks again Eugene! :D