Help wanted with letters and IRC's

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Nakkikala
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Help wanted with letters and IRC's

Post by Nakkikala »

So, when you send a letter to someone do it have to contain your own pictures which the receiver can signature or do they have their own pics in somewhere? I have one magazine with Lindsay Lohan on the cover and I'm about to send it but I have some problems.

See this pic http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9942 ... terma7.jpg

I'm gonna send it with that kind of big envelope. How many IRC's do I have to buy and do I have to buy stamps to that envelope which comes back to me? Do I just put the IRC's inside there with the magazine?

I'd appreciate your help and sorry if my English is bad :>
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

Hello Nakkikala! :D

Welcome to the Fanmail boards :D

No, you don't have to include your own pictures when writing celebrities. But it is a good idea to send some if you're writing to a venue address.

2 IRC's are enough.

When you send IRC they will cover for the return postage - so no you don't put stamps on the return envelope.

Good luck with your letter! :D

Fatima xxx

PS. Your English is perfect! :D
Nakkikala
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Nakkikala »

Okay, thanks. But I still have a few more things in my mind.
I can't have pictures of Lindsay anywhere so I just hope she has some pictures of herself which she signatures for me with the magazine.

I think I should put sender's address to the top left corner of that first envelope. And write do not bend.

Question comes here:
I just decided not to use IRC's because I don't think I could have them from post offices.
If I don't put IRC inside there, does US stamps work as well? And how many US stamps do I have to use? Does these stamps work?

I think I'll go ask from the local post office today but I'm afraid they don't have IRC's or don't even know what they are because this is kinda small town. :>
I just want to make sure I do things right.

I just found these topics and they will solve most of my problems
eug
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by eug »

Nakkikala wrote:Okay, thanks. But I still have a few more things in my mind.
I can't have pictures of Lindsay anywhere so I just hope she has some pictures of herself which she signatures for me with the magazine.

I think I should put sender's address to the top left corner of that first envelope. And write do not bend.

Question comes here:
I just decided not to use IRC's because I don't think I could have them from post offices.
If I don't put IRC inside there, does US stamps work as well? And how many US stamps do I have to use? Does these stamps work?

I think I'll go ask from the local post office today but I'm afraid they don't have IRC's or don't even know what they are because this is kinda small town. :>
I just want to make sure I do things right.

I just found these topics and they will solve most of my problems

ok, you need to put enough of your countries stamps on the original envelope with the magazine inside it - enough to get it to the USA.

Then, on your self addressed envelope inside, put your address on the front, and put 2 IRC's inside. IF you have USA stamps already, then you can put them on the front - enough to get it back to finland...if not, you will need IRC's...
in other words, you cant put finnish stamps on the return envelope

When you send your magazine, put your address on the back so if all fails, they can return it to you

If you send a letter with your magazine, put your address on that too

Well, i hope that helps!

good luck with the autograph!

eug :D
autographs pending: Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Helena Bonham Carter

latest success: Cate Blanchett