Fan Letters

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Halo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Fan Letters

Post by Halo »

What exactly do you say in the fan letters you write to your favorite celebrity, apart from "I'm a really big fan..." ?

Also, do people normally get a handwritten note/letter back, or a duplicated letter that gets sent to everyone who writes ?
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi Halo :D

Welcome to the forum!!

I would normally suggest you include some/all of these details when writing your fan letter:

- An introduction of who you are/why you're writing to the celebrity
- What you like about the celebrity and their work
- A request for an autograph
- Thank them for their time and wish them all the best

As for receiving a letter back - some successes you may just get an autographed photo, a handwritten note/letter or a general duplicated letter. It really depends on the celebrity.

Just one tip - don't forget to include a SASE (self addressed, stamped envelope) with your letter you send to the celebrity, so that he / she can send something to you.

Good luck!

nowandagain [rockon]
x Pirates-Fan x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x Pirates-Fan x »

Yeah, I agree. If you check out the "How to write to my favourite actor" sticky on the Collecting Help forum. Here is the link-

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=5719

It helped me! Now and Again has given you some really good advice, I have written it down to help me.
Hope this helps,

x Pirates-Fan x {up}
Last edited by x Pirates-Fan x on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loveryan

:)

Post by loveryan »

We agree :)
Halo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Halo »

Thanks for your replies :D {up}
x Pirates-Fan x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x Pirates-Fan x »

Anytime! :mrgreen: {up}
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

You could also put your telephone number in the letter, I've heard that some celebrities will actually call you if you list your telephone number.
*Tasha*
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by *Tasha* »

EugeneE wrote:You could also put your telephone number in the letter, I've heard that some celebrities will actually call you if you list your telephone number.
Isn't that a little dangerous? I read some celeberties don't read fanmail, but secreteries and managers do, so you don't really know who is going to get your phone number.
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

*Tasha* wrote:
EugeneE wrote:You could also put your telephone number in the letter, I've heard that some celebrities will actually call you if you list your telephone number.
Isn't that a little dangerous? I read some celeberties don't read fanmail, but secreteries and managers do, so you don't really know who is going to get your phone number.
It might be a little dangerous but it's probably as dangerous as putting your home address down which, IMO, is very important if you want to get an autograph.
swcrazyfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by swcrazyfan »

So if I did want to go about giving my phone number, what would I say exactly?
May the Force be with You,

SWCrazyFan