Why did you start collecting autos?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

Well, I know that I posted before but I have been autograph collecting since August 20, 2006. Originally, I only had SFM's but now I have autographs from SFM, Celebrity Merchandise, autographs received thru email requests & autographs received TTM.

More or less, I like to request autographs TTM & thru email.

I was also like TheMailman at first. At first, I also didn't think that the addresses would work but the address do work & my autograph collection proves it.
VaNeSsA hUdGeNs #1 fAn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by VaNeSsA hUdGeNs #1 fAn »

Hey! My story is kind of unusual... I went to miley-cyrus.com then clicked on "Contact" or something..... and then it said her mailing address! Then there was something that said "Thank you Patrick and Fanmail.biz!!" or something and then I decided to come to fanmail.biz and I looked to see if they had Miley Cyrus and then they did and I wanted her auto really badly so I wrote to her then I just got addicted to it! :lol:
Many Thanks
Olivia

&&; set made by me. NO stealies.

Check out my graphics shop! CURRENTLY OPEN!
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

I was in a class on the Beatles and I thought I would send a letter to Paul as he's my favorite, then I thought of George Martin, and then Ringo, and then I thought of other people that I should send to and I sent out 5 or so and stopped, then a few weeks later I started getting back pictures and a few personal notes so I decided to keep going. I haven't really had time to send anything out for almost a year now though :| Since March or May anyway. I hope soon I'll be able to because I miss the surprise of having something show up in your mailbox. It really cheers up a rainy day doesn't it? :wink:
celebrityfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by celebrityfan »

Let me set the scene...

I am watching 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers' at home on DVD - I am loving every minute of it, complimenting the actors and the CGI works, etc. The credits roll...'Viggo Mortensen...Ian McKellen...Elijah Wood' - I was sitting there like 'Wouldn't it be great to collect their autographs?' - then I got up went onto the internet and found fanmail.biz. It was a great site, but the forums looked pretty scary for me so I didn't join until 2005. A couple of weeks later, I received a personalized autograph from Miranda Otto. I had the biggest smile on my face ever!! :D :D Thanks fanmail!! :D
:D Steph :D

Auto count: 185

Gerard Butler = The Next Bond

Visit my site! http://www.freewebs.com/celebrityfanautos

Credit to: hangman
Brookton
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Brookton »

I started collecting about a year ago because I was a massive fan of eastenders and I wanted to collect eastenders memorabillia so I started collecting autographs, then I found this site and started collecting celebritys! :)
Latest success - Alfie Enoch
Visit my website! - http://www.tara-j.webs.com
eug
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by eug »

i just wanted to write to my favourite celebrity, then i found this site and it lead to a whole lot more!

eug :D
autographs pending: Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Helena Bonham Carter

latest success: Cate Blanchett
tweetybird818
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tweetybird818 »

{star} My friend came over and she had one of George Bush and so I wrote to George Bush then to my favorite actress. Then when I actually recieved stuff I kept writting and getting more and more! {star}
ChattyGirl247

Post by ChattyGirl247 »

well my friend started writing to celebs telling me about how you could get there autos and stuff and because i needed something to do in the summer i thought it would be fun. I started typing my letters to like 5 people then 5 more then stopped cause i wasn't getting anything :lol: . But then when i got my first PP(although then i didn't know that) i was sooo excited and started writing more and more until it became a hobbie. THEN later i found out my mom also wrote to celebs when she was a younger
SkataPunkA7X
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SkataPunkA7X »

First of all, this is the most interesting thread I've seen on fanmail.biz ever!

Well, my story is pretty long.

I've subscribed to a magazine called Disney Adventures since I was five, so it's been almost ten years now. Around the time that I was in fifth grade, they began to include one or two addresses in them. I thought, hey, it'd be pretty cool to write to these people. Initially, I handwrote long thought out letters to Lindsay Lohan, Tobey Maguire, and Orlando Bloom. I had no idea that they weren't actually going to read them lol. After those succeses, which are all PP's and Autopens, I gave up on it for a while. Then in the summer of seventh grade, I sent out four letters. None of them gave me a response.

Fast foward. It's about this time last year. High School Musical has just premiered and Vanessa Anne Hudgens has become my goddess. I went online to look up her fanmail address and was directed to this page. I sent out two letters, one to her and one to Apollo Ohno. I didn't get a response for a while, but then, in April, I tried again, and got my first REAL success, a personalized autograph from another one of my crushes, Victoria Justice. I went through a long dry spell that summer, only recieving a PP from Carlos Santana. When school started back up:

(WARNING, THE FOLLOWING PART IS ME VENTING/CONFESSING ABOUT SOMETHING)

I started to think about something. What I'm about to tell you is 100% true, so don't call me a liar. When I was in 7th grade, I attended a ProScout modeling/acting convention in Philadelphia. I only got one callback, but attracted the attention of Chambers Stevens, one of the most renowned child acting coaches in the world. He wanted me to come out to L.A and do a workshop with him for a week, and he was pretty sure he could sign me to a Disney/Nickelodeon-esque agency. I turned down the offer after a lot of thought because it would have been so stressful on my family to have to move back and forth between VA and CA.
I don't have many friends in my school because most of my friends are located in various areas across the state or go to different schools. I started to realize how close all of the Disney stars were and how they all seemed to be friends. I also started to think about how if I had accepted his offer, how I could be there now.

Now, I write letters to them about how I'm an aspiring actor and musician. All of the responses are usually very friendly and encouraging. It's cool to know that even though I'm not friends with them like I could have been, they know how much I look up to them.

That's the other thing, I don't send out for an autograph unless getting it would have a sentimental value, something I would keep for the rest of my life.

Well, that's it lol.

Latest: Amanda Beard personalized

Pending: Violent Femmes, Jason Dolley, Taylor Dooley, Miley Cyrus, Zakk Wylde, Ricardo Medina, Victoria Justice, LA Dodgers

Favorite: Vanessa Anne Hudgens, 18 Visions signed album cover, Bowling For Soup photo and guitar picks

EMMA <3 LAHANA