R.I.P - Stars We Have Lost - R.I.P

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

Even though it was over a year ago, I thought I would mention Luther Vandross

20 April 1951 - 1 July 2005 :(

I really enjoyed his music.

R.I.P
celebrityfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by celebrityfan »

RIP Magnus Magnusson

Magnús Magnússon, Honorary KBE (October 12, 1929 – January 7, 2007) was a television presenter, journalist, translator and writer of Icelandic origin who never took British citizenship but lived in Scotland for nearly all his life. He came to fame as presenter of the BBC television quiz programme Mastermind, which he hosted for 25 years.

He was born in Reykjavík but grew up in Edinburgh, where his father was Icelandic consul. Under Icelandic naming conventions, his name would have been Magnús Sigursteinsson (Magnús, son of Sigursteinn), but his family adopted Scottish naming conventions and used his father's last name. He was schooled at The Edinburgh Academy.

After graduating from Jesus College, Oxford, he became a reporter with the Scottish Daily Express and The Scotsman. He went freelance in 1967, then joined the BBC, presenting programmes on history and archeology as well as appearing in news programmes. He was Lord Rector of Edinburgh University from 1975 to 1978, and later became Chancellor of Glasgow Caledonian University.

His most famous catch-phrase on Mastermind, which the current presenter John Humphrys has continued to use, was "I've started so I'll finish".

He translated a variety of books from Icelandic and Old Norse into English. Among these are several works by Halldór Laxness, the Nobel prize-winning novelist from Iceland, and a number of Norse sagas which he co-translated (with Hermann Pálsson) for the Penguin Classics series: Njal's Saga (1960), The Vinland Sagas (1965), King Harald's Saga (1966) and Laxdaela Saga (1969). Magnússon was also the author of a popular history of the Viking era, called The Vikings.

Magnússon was, for a time, the President of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.

His eldest daughter, Sally, is a television presenter, mainly in Scotland, although in the 1980s she worked for BBC South East News. She is also a regular presenter of Songs of Praise.

On October 12, 2006, his 77th birthday, Magnússon was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Magnússon mordantly noted that "this has to be one of my worst birthdays ever". His condition meant he was forced to cancel a string of public appearances. He died on January 7, 2007. He is survived by his wife and four children.

Compliments of Wikipedia

:D Steph :D

Auto count: 185

Gerard Butler = The Next Bond

Visit my site! http://www.freewebs.com/celebrityfanautos

Credit to: hangman
AutographGirly
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AutographGirly »

Peter Boyle. :( This is very sad. This guy made me laugh alot. A very funny actor and comedian!

Peter Lawrence Boyle[1] (October 18, 1933[2] or 1935[3]; sources differ –December 12, 2006[3]) was an Emmy Award-winning American actor. He was perhaps best known for his role as Frank Barone on the sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond and his film roles in Young Frankenstein (1974) and Taxi Driver (1976). He won praise for playing both comedic and dramatic roles following his breakthrough performance in the 1970 movie Joe. Born in Norristown, Pennsylvania,[4] Boyle later moved to nearby Philadelphia. Of Irish descent, he was the son of Peter Boyle, Sr., a Philadelphia TV personality from 1951-1963 who, among many other things, played the Western-show host "Chuck Wagon Pete", and hosted the popular afterschool children's program Uncle Pete Presents the Little Rascals, which showed vintage Little Rascals and Three Stooges comedy shorts and Popeye cartoons.[5] Boyle attended West Philadelphia Catholic High School. He graduated from La Salle University in Philadelphia in 1957. After graduating from Officer Candidate School in 1959, he was commissioned as an ensign in the United States Navy, but his military career was shortened by a nervous breakdown.[6] Boyle was also a member of the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools, or De La Salle Brothers, a Catholic teaching order, and taught drama at Central Catholic High School in Pittsburgh before turning to acting. In New York City, he studied acting with famed acting coach Uta Hagen while working as a postal clerk and a maitre d'.[1] He went on to play Murray the cop in a touring company of Neil Simon's The Odd Couple, leaving the tour in Chicago, Illinois and joining The Second City improv comedy ensemble there.[1] He had a brief scene as the manager of an indoor shooting range in the critically acclaimed 1969 film Medium Cool, filmed in Chicago.
In 1990, Boyle suffered a stroke that rendered him speechless for six months. After recovering, he went on to win an Emmy Award in 1996 as Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for his appearance on The X-Files. In the episode, "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose", he played an insurance salesman who can see selected things in the near future, particularly others' deaths.

Boyle was perhaps most widely known for his role as the deadpan, cranky Frank Barone in the popular CBS television sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond, which aired from 1996 to 2005. The show was shot in Los Angeles, to which Boyle commuted from his New York City home. He was nominated for an Emmy seven times for this role, but never won (beaten out multiple times in the Supporting Actor category by his co-star Brad Garrett), though fellow co-stars Garrett, Ray Romano, Patricia Heaton, and Boyle's TV wife Doris Roberts won at least one Emmy each for their performances.

In 1999, he had a heart attack on the set of Everybody Loves Raymond. He soon regained his health and returned to the series.

Boyle died in New York City at New York Presbyterian Hospital after suffering from multiple myeloma and heart disease. He is survived by his wife, Loraine, as well as his two daughters, Lucy and Amy.

At the time of his death, Boyle had completed the film Shadows of Atticus, and was scheduled to appear in the film Chatham.\

Version: Robert Pattinson.
Latest..
Success: Jamie Johnston, Maiara Walsh
Failure: Kyle Massey
Sent Out: David Archuleta, Chelsea Staub, Keira Knightley
http://www.freewebs.com/autographgirly/
eug
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by eug »

not sure if ppl have said this, but as he was in crocodile hunter: collision course and also the voice of the seal in Happy Feet, RIP Steve Irwin.
you will be missed!

eug
autographs pending: Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Helena Bonham Carter

latest success: Cate Blanchett
Sirje
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sirje »

Beloved B&B Actress, Darlene Conley, Passes Away

January 15, 2007, LOS ANGELES

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/bb/about/justin/

:(
autograph hound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autograph hound »

Bam Bam Bigelow....another wrestler who passed too soon , the list of premature wrestler deaths scares me BIG time !

:(
bea
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Belle Emmett

Post by bea »

Belinda Emmett she was an Australian actress 1974 - 2006 she was an angel and will be missed. She was only 32 and passed away from cancer. she fought hard though.

{??} bea
LEOx3_LOVE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LEOx3_LOVE »

Sidney Sheldon :cry:
Friends Fanatic :D
Credit: Vanessa Hudgens #1 Fan

Latest Success: Gena Rowlands
Most Wanted: Friends Cast & Titanic Cast<3
TheMailman
Autograph Collector