Letters

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
zack85hhn
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Letters

Post by zack85hhn »

Hi everyone i have not been at this long so i want to ask u guys something. I have just been sending out letters with no pic in it. Will i get something back or should i try and find a pic of them and mail it out. I did this back in middle school and got 4 back just by sending letters. Let me know what u think.

Zack
RYAN J.

Re: Letters

Post by RYAN J. »

You should definitly send items for them to sing as well as a SASE (Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope). Most celebs will not reply without those two important things. {up} I always send photos and SASE and my return rate hase been amazing.

RYAN J. 8)
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

It definitely helps to send your own photo. I've gotten to where I just print a picture from a good color printer, send it, but also ask if they could send a photo of their own. Usually, they do.

Indeed, some celebs, like Bill Cosby for example, will only send an authentic autograph if you send a photo yourself.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
echoamaru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by echoamaru »

zack85hhn wrote:Hi everyone i have not been at this long so i want to ask u guys something. I have just been sending out letters with no pic in it. Will i get something back or should i try and find a pic of them and mail it out. I did this back in middle school and got 4 back just by sending letters. Let me know what u think.

Zack

Hello! I write to a lot of older stars who, being semi/entirely retired don't always have many pics around. Due to respect of copyright legislation I don't include pics downloaded from the Net, but I have taken to always including a record card (often with their name and the titles of my favourite films added). I think it's helpful to include something - although I have received successes where I didn't include anything apart from the letter and SASE, so it's not out of the question!

Good luck!
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ScottishDan »

Hi Zack, I've been collecting autographs for about a year now and I have never sent photos for celebrities to sign. I have around 100 signatures now and only 3 of them are DVD covers that I have sent out. I have received the majority of my SASE back!
harrypotterfan.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by harrypotterfan. »

i would send something also, u would have a better chance of getting something if u send something. sometimes they do not have there own photos. like im going to send daniel from harry potter three photos and a qustioner in march i have much better chance of getting them singed if i sent them to him. so it is a good idea to send them something, {up}
most wanted rachel weisz emma waston shailene woodley zoe kravtis city of bones cast hunger games cast. Harry potter cast melissa mccarthy jenny mccarthy cast of pitch perfect suzanne Collins Anna Kendrick
sarah hyland dominic sherwood cast of the vampier academy the cast of the originals lucy fry bruno mars macklmore Chris pine c c hunter j.k Rowling James and Oliver phelps clemence poesy fault in our stars cast Elle fanning