My policy change on giving out emails

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
dobie516

Re: My policy change on giving out emails

Post by dobie516 »

I'm still doing it the old fashioned way and have never sent an email requesting an autograph. I can see how this can be a problem for celebrities. Fans who really want a signature can put a letter in the post and pay the postage. Now anyone can simply email the celebrity and get an autograph with no charge to them. These are the ones that you see a lot on Ebay.

Last year I bought a few hundred signed photos from someone on here and they were most likely gotten through email. He couldn't have sold them as cheaply if he had actually paid the postage to get them.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
theman27
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by theman27 »

I agree w ryan j and whoever said the site has changed. i started collectiong in 07 and got a membership in 09
PM ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MY SUCCESSES!!!!!!!!
Theone30
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Theone30 »

I am surprised I didn't see this earlier...I agree with all of you {up} I actually don't post many of my email successes because of the people on this site just trying to get their hands on a free autograph and PM everyone for some addresses. I actually had it posted in my signiture for over 2 months now not to post emails. [us] Happy New Year [us]

Waiting for many former and current US Politicians and Historical Figures:

Most Wanted--Henry Kissinger.(PM if you have one and want to trade)
Baseball HOF collection--40 and counting
2011 has been my best year for autographs over 300 in so far
*Don't post email addresses*
SeanSchwarz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SeanSchwarz »

I totally agree. Sending requests to celebrities just for the sake of getting autographs is just terrible. Not to mention very disrespectful to the celebrity... they're lying about themselves being fans just so they can say they have autographs from this person. {down} I've sent a few emails, but only because it's an easy way to get in touch with some of your favorite people. I think fan email should be treated the same way as normal fan mail... you should only send it if you're a very true fan of the celebrity... because really, they don't have to send anything back in the first place.
Zimmy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Zimmy »

{up}
adamyb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by adamyb »

I agree with you entirely Ryan. Even though almost 100% of my collection are email success', I've put the effort in to finding the celebrity's email address etc and sometimes it has taken days to find an email address, but when you receive a great success it makes everything worth it. I don't post my success' any more because as soon as you mention it was an email success you get bombarded with people hunting for a free autograph! I've had some quite offensive emails once I've told some people that they should do their own research if they like the celebrity enough. Hopefully, people'll soon get the message and leave! ;-)
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

I totally agree, I am so tired of people just wanting free autographs and free email addresses too,they can't even do their own research.I don't even like people always looking for via venue addresses from others without even attempting to find any themselves. Nothing wrong with helping out another real fan and i can usually tell who seems sincere but not always. This hobby is getting harder by the year with all the people trying to get autographs for financial reasons and not for collecting reasons. I have got some email successes but i always found them myself and to be honest i always feel kinda bad about getting the free ones because i think this hobby should be about writing the letters and getting autographs to keep and not "just because" or to make money!
True Blood fan 53
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by True Blood fan 53 »

I agree with you. The NCIS email has totally gotten spammed, and I think they do not pass on the emails now. This stinks as Ive been trying to get Cote and Michael for a long time now. I have sent numerous ttm requests and sent emails. This stinks because NCIS is my favorite show and I was so close to having the entire cast. Email addresses should not be shared because then people who are just wanting a free autograph is ruining the chances for the true fans out there.
Autographs Received: Nathan Fillion, Alexander Skarsgard, Mark Harmon, Pauley Perrette, Sean Murray, Michael Weatherly, Sasha Alexander, Cote de Pablo, David McCallum, Stana Katic, Cate Blanchett, Bradley Cooper, Alex O'Loughlin, Scott Caan, Grace Park, Daniel Dae Kim, Deborah Ann Woll, Jennifer Morrison, Mark Wahlberg, Jim Belushi, Jane Seymour, Joe Lando (IP), Betty White, Leah Remini, Seth Macfarlane (PP), Melissa Joan Hart, Jewel Staite, Aaron Eckhart, Summer Glau, Angie Harmon, Dakota Fanning, Robin Williams, Emma Watson (PP), Emily Deschanel (PP), Daniel Radcliffe, Amanda Seyfried, Chipper Jones, Morena Baccarin, Gordon Ramsey (AP), John Travolta, & Kristin Bauer

I do ask not to comment on whether its ap or sec. I like to believe that the autos are real.
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks for all agreeing with me guys!! I'm hoping with our combined efforts we can get this issue under control. {up} I've lost out on several successes due to people spamming emails and even VV addresses just because the celeb was sending out signed photos and they wanted them to 'boost' their collection. :(

RYAN J. 8)
Autograph Craze
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Autograph Craze »

i email a lot to celebrities because i am only ten years old. I can't afford a lot of stamp. I'm just a kid who collect autographs!
An autograph a day keeps the sadness away.....