nintendo

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
Valo03
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: nintendo

Post by Valo03 »

babbisha wrote:with what hardcore gamers consider to be gimmicks.
Hardcore gamers are a niche and a tiny percentage of the people who buy video games and so their buying habits have little effect upon the overall sales of video games/consoles. Nintendo have suceeded, unlike the other gaming companies , because rather than focus on making games that please the hardcore gamer they have made games/technology that the entire family can enjoy, which in turn has made the Nintendo Wii and important piece of entertainment for all families.
mufcdd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mufcdd »

babbisha wrote:How is is Nintendo able to so so well with inferior technology? Now before the Wii fanboys go crazy this is not a diss. I'm not calling the Wii ****, but it is inferior to the other next-gen consoles based on hardware specs alone. I just think it is amazing how Nintendo is able to do so well year after year with what hardcore gamers consider to be gimmicks. I respect Nintendo for being masters at marketing their product year after year with a very high level of success. How are they able to do it in your opinion?
Yawn,

"Hardware specs" do not make a game good. A good game is a good game regardless of "uber graphics".

If the Wii technology is a "gimmick", why are the other consoles copying/going to implement it? Seems a bit of a backwards comment.

As for how Nintendo have so much success, its because the majority are not simple short minded fools who are blinded by stunning graphics. Most people appreciate what all the consoles can offer.

ALso the Wii is family orientated, hence impressive sales, but its not a "kiddy console" by any means.

The above poster's statement about "hardcore gamers" is true as well.

A minority though, think that because the graphics are not as good as PS3/360, that this makes the console inferior, which is rubbish.

Lets put this into perspective, the NES, SNES, Master System and Mega Drive were all better consoles than the Dreamcast. Now I'd imagine you're about 14 and have never seen these consoles let alone played them, but the Dreamcast was light years ahead of the 4 I just mentioned, and yet s.cked balls.
CLICK BELOW TO SEE MY TWITTER PAGE! OVER 10,000 FOLLOWERS!
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

Cos they're master of the gimmick! Everyones seen a game that you play with a standard controller, or a handheld that uses a d-pad, whack in a bit of touch screen/motion capture and its something new, and perhaps more importantly, something much cheaper than the other games consoles out there.

You've also got the games. Nintendo have a good, rich back catalogue of ready made games. They have Mario, Pokemon, Zelda - all popular and all very easy to make into a range of games. People go back to what they know plus they all have the advantage of being suitable for all ages, so the whole family can get involved.

Not a huge fan of Nintendo myself, think they peaked a long time ago but as a games company they will be around for a long, long time because they're the ones who exploit what the other companies who obsess about graphics and making fps games miss.
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

mufcdd wrote:
babbisha wrote:How is is Nintendo able to so so well with inferior technology? Now before the Wii fanboys go crazy this is not a diss. I'm not calling the Wii ****, but it is inferior to the other next-gen consoles based on hardware specs alone. I just think it is amazing how Nintendo is able to do so well year after year with what hardcore gamers consider to be gimmicks. I respect Nintendo for being masters at marketing their product year after year with a very high level of success. How are they able to do it in your opinion?
Yawn,

"Hardware specs" do not make a game good. A good game is a good game regardless of "uber graphics".

If the Wii technology is a "gimmick", why are the other consoles copying/going to implement it? Seems a bit of a backwards comment.

As for how Nintendo have so much success, its because the majority are not simple short minded fools who are blinded by stunning graphics. Most people appreciate what all the consoles can offer.

ALso the Wii is family orientated, hence impressive sales, but its not a "kiddy console" by any means.

The above poster's statement about "hardcore gamers" is true as well.

A minority though, think that because the graphics are not as good as PS3/360, that this makes the console inferior, which is rubbish.

Lets put this into perspective, the NES, SNES, Master System and Mega Drive were all better consoles than the Dreamcast. Now I'd imagine you're about 14 and have never seen these consoles let alone played them, but the Dreamcast was light years ahead of the 4 I just mentioned, and yet s.cked balls.
Well said. I maintain that the 64 is the best console ever! Why? The simple fact that is has the most fun games.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

I agree with some of the posts here, the games, not the specs, makes the system. I like great graphics, better memory, etc as much as the next gamer, but I still find myself on the NES and PS1 at times.

As for the Wii's success, I think it's due to it's broader appeal, better marketing (IMO anyways) and lower price point during most of the console war. I'm a bit indifferent towards the Wii myself, but I think it's an important addition to the gaming world. It brought in a lot of innovation, and gave the casual gamer a better part of the market.
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

i honestly like the WII and the gameboy advanced (kinda old but sill...lol), i love the WII because it is very active and honestly i stay in such great shape because of it..plus the games are actually okay...i know you guys dont like it but i think its a good system and it keeps me healthy {up}

xoxo musicfan!

Favorite Successes:

Britney Spears (VV), Cheetah Girls, Danity Kane, Selena Gomez, Jeff Dunham (VV), and George Lopez (VV Super Success)! :)
alecstevans
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by alecstevans »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable gaming console produced by “Nintendo”. In this auto stereoscopic devices are to used To avoiding usage of the 3D glasses. The Nintendo having the Backward compatibility feature. The console succeed the Nintendo Ds series with Sony's Play Station console.
R4 cards are best for gaming console.