what do you think about censorship

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

what do you think about censorship

Post by miley cyrus fan »

hi guys im wondering what you think about censorship partically censorship of classic cartoons. i mean one of my local tv stations has put disclaimers before the bugs bunny and tweety show(as well as other looney tunes shows) and rocky and bullwinke, and a few other classic cartoons. i personally think that this is pathetic ,especially towards rocky and bullwinkle i mean its a fun cute, sweet and funnny show that i grew up with. with bugs bunny and looney tune cartoons i can understand that theirs a bit of violence as well as some other stuff but even that is fun and intented to be funny. what do you think of this should their be warnings before these cartoons? should they be edited and shown with no warnings or should none of this happen? i personally think none of this should happen , but i do think just a disclaimer is better then editing anything.

but yes i wish i would have mentioned this to june foray(voice of rocky and also does quite a few voices in the looney tune cartoons) when i wrote her and i wish i wouldve asked her what she thinks of this ,because im sure if she knew about this she would be extremly outraged.

btw the disclaimer says basically this the following cartoon is true to the time which it was created it does not reflect the views of teletoon ,we do not endorse racist violent or sexist behaviour viewer discretion is advised. the funny thing is it still has the rated g certificate on the screen too.

but ya i wish we could do something about this because this drives me crazy.
nich9494

Re: what do you think about censorship

Post by nich9494 »

Yeah I disagree with this sort of censorship too, they're meant for entertaining perposes, plus.. many kids play games like Grand Theft Auto and Halo where people blow eachother up -.- . Why they're censoring stuff like Loony Tunes because of "violence" I'll never know :lol:

Still, parents have their opinions?? <--- -.-

I mean one of my friends weren't allowed to watch Cow n Chicken (cartoon network :razz: ) as a kid
Autographs received: 22
Authentic: 15
Personalized: 3
IP: 4

Latest Success: Peter Facinelli personalized
Favourite Success: Bam Margera & cast authentic!!! :D Here's my post

Autographs Pending: Rodney Mullen, Shia LaBeouf, Robert Pattinson, Slash, Sir Alex Ferguson, Taylor Lautner, Lukas Podolski, James McAvoy, Alex Pettyfer, Mitch Hewer, Dominic Monaghan, Jack Black, Will Farrell, Oliver & James Phelps, Andy Roddick, Luis Nani, Cristiano Ronaldo, Dane Cook, Sean Faris, Josh Duhamel, T.I., Christian Bale, Paul Scholes, Darren Fletcher, Nemanja Vidic, Roger Federer, Gerd Muller, James McAvoy VV, Josh Holloway, Taylor Kitsch, Dimitar Berbatov, James Franco VV, Paul Rudd VV, Steven Gerrard, Daniel Agger, Fernando Torres, Theo Walcott, Jamie Carragher, Wentworth Miller, Mark Wahlberg

Thanks so much to -Lil1- for this beautiful siggy

<3 Sheckler
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

this is completly ridiculous thou i must say, i mean i love these cartoons and have loved them since i was little but ya, it really makes me mad, mad at the tv station and mad at so many people who think their smarter then others. if they were to ever try to ban these cartoons i would go ballistic i must say.
brighton_4eva
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by brighton_4eva »

It's good there is such thing as censorship, its there for a reason - FOR PEOPLE TO NOT STEAL OTHERS WORK!
I don't understand why you dont think it's a good thing?

Sam :mrgreen:

Favourite Success - Matt Lucas Dedicated, Brian May & Anita Dobson Dedicated, Mohammed Al Fayad & Richard Branson Authentic.

Fanmail.Biz Newest Moderator Here To Help!!! If You Need Any Help - PM Me.
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

brighton_4eva wrote:It's good there is such thing as censorship, its there for a reason - FOR PEOPLE TO NOT STEAL OTHERS WORK!

Sam :mrgreen:
that really isnt censorship actually, and censorship is wrong whatever happend to free speech. and these cartoons were made anywhere from the late 30's to early sixties if they were aproriate then they should be aproriate now.

and my parents loved that i watched looney tunes and rocky and bullwinkle as a kid they would even watch it with me ,because they grew up with these shows also. i mean parents can stop their kids from watching something but why complain to the network?
Last edited by miley cyrus fan on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brighton_4eva
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by brighton_4eva »

hmmm ok i must of read the post wrong....

Favourite Success - Matt Lucas Dedicated, Brian May & Anita Dobson Dedicated, Mohammed Al Fayad & Richard Branson Authentic.

Fanmail.Biz Newest Moderator Here To Help!!! If You Need Any Help - PM Me.
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

brighton_4eva wrote:It's good there is such thing as censorship, its there for a reason - FOR PEOPLE TO NOT STEAL OTHERS WORK!
I think you're mixing it up with "copyright" :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.