Drinking Age...?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)

What should happen to the drinking age?

You may select 1 option

View results

Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Drinking Age...?

Post by Shambler »

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for drinkers/smokers/drug addicts. And most people do not mature, there are 25 year olds, 32 year olds, etc, who remain thinking that drinking alcohol is a 'cool' thing to do. It's only cool if you're a sheep who follows the rest of the flock. Reav, you can't be intelligent if you willingly harm your health, that's a joke :lol: that's like saying terrorists are the most morally correct persons on earth.
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
Reav
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Reav »

Shambler wrote:Reav, you can't be intelligent if you willingly harm your health, that's a joke :lol: that's like saying terrorists are the most morally correct persons on earth.
You may not accept it and call me stupid but as a matter of fact there are many brilliant people that willingly drink alcohol (or even worse). Scientists, university professors, world-known writers and artists... I consider myself being quite intelligent (doing what I do) and I still like to party once in a while.

But please, by all means, stay in your imaginary land and think that everyone drinking alcohol is stupid.
qwertyuiop
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by qwertyuiop »

It could be seen as stupid, but it can also be seen as very funny
Favourite successes: Paramore, New Found Glory, Death Cab For Cutie
Classikmetal
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Classikmetal »

qwertyuiop wrote:It could be seen as stupid, but it can also be seen as very funny
...don't forget sad. People waste their lives away with alcohol...right down to the scum of the earth.
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

Reav - just to clear it up, I am not attacking or insulting you as a person. My comments are made 'generally'. {up}

Yes, there are persons who drink, who are considered smart by way of their profession or how much they know. However, can you honestly tell me it is not a sheer act of stupidity when someone knowingly damages their health? Intelligence also entails the ability to think critically and challenge the acceptability of things, and to me, a hazardous/addictive drug like alcohol can never be deemed acceptable.

Just an opinion. :)
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
DwightKSchrute

Post by DwightKSchrute »

Mr Kennedy wrote:
DwightKSchrute wrote: When you first turn 18, you're excited and immature and ready to party.
LOL yeah, only happens when you turn 18 :lol:

BTW, when do you "first" turn 18? Surely you only tuen 18 once?
...Uhh yeah. I meant when you just turn 18. Sorry if it confused you.

According to the poll, one person thinks it should go up. I'd like to hear that side of the argument. I think it's fine where it is.
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

DwightKSchrute wrote:
Mr Kennedy wrote:
DwightKSchrute wrote: When you first turn 18, you're excited and immature and ready to party.
LOL yeah, only happens when you turn 18 :lol:

BTW, when do you "first" turn 18? Surely you only tuen 18 once?
...Uhh yeah. I meant when you just turn 18. Sorry if it confused you.
Good to see you reply to the joke part, and ignore the serious part :roll:
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

I think the minimum age should be lowered to 18. I drink occasionally and I think it really is ok to have a little sometimes. Everyone should get a sip. I remember I had my first sip at 12.
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME

dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

People are going to drink no matter what their age. I drank far more before I was 21 then I have after turning "legal". Drinking should be one's choice and should be handled responsibly. I haven't had a drink in probably 5 years and that's my choice.
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

I'm a firm believer that it should go down. Not only are you an adult at 18, but you can go risk your life at war and not be able to enjoy a cold beer? I believe the reason why there is so much underage drinking is because it's 21. If it were lowered I think it would lessen the statistics of how many kids start young. I started right when I turned 14, I believe me drinking at such a young age has made me more mature in the fact that I don't go out and get blacked out, throwing up everywhere. As if you were an 18 year old to go off to college never having a drink before, there's a good possibility that could happen.
JANUARY SUCCESSES:: Jennette McCurdy, Nathan Kress, Shawn Johnson, Rob Schneider, Nikki Reed.