No Photos?!?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
reddeaddude
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

No Photos?!?

Post by reddeaddude »

Am I the only one who just doesn't understand the posters on here who post their successes but never post photos? It's always the same excuses. I understand people who may not have access to a scanner, but not to a camera? Or a phone? Seriously? Are we expected to believe that people don't have a phone with a camera on? Or that no-one in their family does? What's the point in telling people you've had a success with no proof? Anyone can post "I wrote to so and so" with no proof, what good does that do the purpose of this site, which is sharing genuine successes?

Oh well, rant over - interested to hear what others think. I can already see the responses of certain posters who use this 'no scan, no proof' as a rule of thumb but I just find it a bit of a cop-out and just a little bit dubious!
Lisasautographs.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: No Photos?!?

Post by Lisasautographs. »

I agree what your saying dude but you have a bit of a cheek saying all this since according to your post you only joined here 3 weeks ago and I can't see you have put any successes on yet? If your a collector can you show me your recents results? Just my opinion
:razz:
reddeaddude
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by reddeaddude »

I get what you're saying but I'm not a new collector, just new to this site so haven't had any successes back since joining here ... yet, I an others like me are looking for help with REAL, PROVEN successes, that's kinda the point of this place isn't it? So who do you trust, someone with an address that works and PROOF or someone who says they've got a success but can't prove it? I know who I'd choose to believe when I part with my hard earned cash for stamps, envelopes etc etc.
reddeaddude
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by reddeaddude »

I suppose I could just jump on the bandwagon and say I've had some successes but I just can't scan/take a photo but, and call me odd here, I'd rather wait until I get some real successes I can show and PROVE and then I'll be posting, don't you worry about that!
Lisasautographs.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lisasautographs. »

reddeaddude wrote:I suppose I could just jump on the bandwagon and say I've had some successes but I just can't scan/take a photo but, and call me odd here, I'd rather wait until I get some real successes I can show and PROVE and then I'll be posting, don't you worry about that!
Good I will look forward to seeing your successes dude.
Ohwhatashambles
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ohwhatashambles »

I couldn't give a toss if they show the photos or not m8
reddeaddude
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by reddeaddude »

Ohwhatashambles wrote:I couldn't give a toss if they show the photos or not m8
And that's fine, each to their own, but personally, I like to see proof that someone actually got so-and-so's autograph, not just for them to say 'Yeah, I wrote to him and he wrote back, so yay me!'.

Oh, by the way, I just got a success back from Gene Wilder and it wasn't a stamp, it was a real sig, guess I must just be the lucky one eh? ... erm ... I can't show you though ... no scanner ... honest guv!! ...
carlosredevil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by carlosredevil »

reddeaddude wrote:I suppose I could just jump on the bandwagon and say I've had some successes but I just can't scan/take a photo but, and call me odd here, I'd rather wait until I get some real successes I can show and PROVE and then I'll be posting, don't you worry about that!

So have you had any succeses yet dude? We've all noticed you ain't logged in for 2 months. You are going to come back aren't you dude? We love you dude. We wanna see your succeses dude. :cry: