Mickey Rooney!!!! SUCCESS!!!!!

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
GABORWORLD
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Mickey Rooney!!!! SUCCESS!!!!!

Post by GABORWORLD »

Hello Everyone!

I am very excited about this one!! Mickey Rooney! I’ve tried to get his autograph before- but my letters just kept getting sent back to me as a “Return to Sender“. This past week (01/07/08) he had a show at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, FL - so, I decided to send him a letter via the venue a few days before the show----- and it worked!!!! :razz: He mailed me the photo back autographed! From what I hear- it is very hard to get his autograph- so I am very honored that he did this for me.

-GABOR

James

Re: Mickey Rooney!!!! SUCCESS!!!!!

Post by James »

Looks even less like the IP scans provided here than the other sucesses.. :roll:
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Congrats! I sure hope yours is real! Keep up the good work! {thumb2}

RYAN J. 8)
joshh_911
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joshh_911 »

Hello Gaborworld :)

I'm still not convinced by any TTM Rooney successes sadly. :(

Even though he rushes through IP, his autograph seems largely consistent to one another in the fact that there's a large looping 'R' which goes over the 'Mickey' part, and in the 'Rooney' there's a series of squiggles at the end which flick over to the left for the 'y' in Rooney, and then go back over to the right at the end of the autograph. So far I haven't seen this in the TTM successes so I'll still unconvinced Mickey's signing them! :S
GABORWORLD
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by GABORWORLD »

When I first got this today- I was thinking the same thing- it doesn’t look like his autograph. Most of his signatures are all shaky. I did a little research on different webpages- and some of his autographs do look like the one I got. I sent him this 4 X 6 photo to sign via the venue- so hopefully it’s really him that signed it. Who else would have signed it at the venue? Why would this “mystery” person even bother signing it- and then mailing it back to me? Maybe it was his wife? Suggestions?
joshh_911
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joshh_911 »

GABORWORLD wrote:When I first got this today- I was thinking the same thing- it doesn’t look like his autograph. Most of his signatures are all shaky. I did a little research on different webpages- and some of his autographs do look like the one I got. I sent him this 4 X 6 photo to sign via the venue- so hopefully it’s really him that signed it. Who else would have signed it at the venue? Why would this “mystery” person even bother signing it- and then mailing it back to me? Maybe it was his wife? Suggestions?
I personally believe the 'mystery' signer is actually his son who I believe acts as his agent too. He was always with Mickey during his run in panto recently and was equally as unpleasant as Mickey is. Not saying that 'Mickey did not sign this photo' because of course there's no direct way to prove that without actually asking him lol. (I wouldn't bother trying that because he'll give you the whole "I'm cold, I can't do this" tirade of abuse haha!). The reason I believe Mickey didn't sign TTM via-venue comes from what the stage-door manager told us about the rules (or could it be demands?) from Mickey or whoever it was about not being allowed to leave items for signing- usually the theatre take items in if you miss people, it's a pretty good venue for that so it seemed a little unusual!

I have some IP scans, James also has one and RSVP has one (members on this forum) which you can compare to, which were obtained in Sunderland, England.

Hope this helps! :)
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

Some think, his wife signs for him. others say his son signs them.

But if his as bad tempered, as he seems to be, then all of the fanmail would be in the bin.
why would he bother, his family to sign for him.

Also, there's still very few replys from him, TTM in total.

But I take everyones points on board.

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.
joshh_911
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joshh_911 »

Atomic ant wrote:Some think, his wife signs for him. others say his son signs them.

But if his as bad tempered, as he seems to be, then all of the fanmail would be in the bin.
why would he bother, his family to sign for him.

Also, there's still very few replys from him, TTM in total.

But I take everyones points on board.
Having met Mickey and Jan, as well as becoming familiar of his son's presence I'm a little reluctant to say Jan signs for Mickey- I'm going to believe it's the son who seems to be the one interested in selling the family name lol. Jan seemed too friendly (and grateful), she was lapping up all the attention haha! :D

He never even has to see his mail mind, it doesn't have to be his decision to get a 'secretary' to sign, he doesn't even have to know he's receiving any letters at all! (Which is how I think of it...).
GABORWORLD
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by GABORWORLD »

That is my point Atomic ant - --- why would he, or someone in his family, even bother to send this back to me??? I've sent other actors stuff via venues- and have never heard back since.

In response to the photos above- the man is 87 years old- who can blame him for not wanting to stand around signing dozens of autographs? The one I got is a lot smoother and not all shaky because in my opinion he was probably in his dressing room or in his hotel room when he signed it- not outside with dozens of fans pushing and pulling trying to get his autograph with him just trying to rush through all them. Plus- the squiggly thing he normally does with his autograph - I think he just ran out of room to sign- remember, this is a 4 X 6 photo- not an 8 X 10, plus he used a think Sharpie.

Ruth Eckerd Hall is not that big of a venue- I'm sure not a lot of people sent him photos to sign either because his show wasn't that well advertised. So why would Mr. Rooney even bother to sign this for me and send it back if it isn't real? He could have just read the letter and thrown it away.
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

Thanks Joshh, you maybe right. A celeb, can get almost anyone to sign for them.

All thay, need to do is arrange, anyone to sign fanmail with there approval. That does seem possible.

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.