Law & Order:Special Victims Unit

Post any information on upcoming venues or movie sets. Request movie set addresses here. 1 address request per person per day.
johnsonjack87
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Law & Order:Special Victims Unit

Post by johnsonjack87 »

Where Can I Send A Letter,Regarding An Idea For A Potential New Episode Of Law & Order Special Victims Unit?
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Law & Order:Special Victims Unit

Post by Hartster »

Unless you have an agent, they won't accept any ideas. If they read your letter and see it's about an idea for an episode, it will get discarded and not replied to. Because if a future episode has an element that you wrote about it and it can be proven they read about it from you, then they're on the hook for some money. Same goes for script and book proposals - unless it's from an agent, they will wind up in the trash.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
johnsonjack87
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnsonjack87 »

Hartster wrote:Unless you have an agent, they won't accept any ideas. If they read your letter and see it's about an idea for an episode, it will get discarded and not replied to. Because if a future episode has an element that you wrote about it and it can be proven they read about it from you, then they're on the hook for some money. Same goes for script and book proposals - unless it's from an agent, they will wind up in the trash.
Although You Said An Agent,Would A Lawyer Be Alright For It?

I Have An Uncle That Is An Attorney At Law.
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

They're not the same. And a lawyer sending an episode proposal would have no impact - it would get trashed.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/