Julie Andrews Signed Autographed Photo Prof. Framed

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
raven162
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Julie Andrews Signed Autographed Photo Prof. Framed

Post by raven162 »

Hello I recently bought a very nice 8 x 10 Framed (Frame is roughly 14 x 17) signed Autographed Photo of Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins at a Charity Auction benefiting abused and neglected children. Although I enjoyed the movie as a child I am not a big enough fan to keep it for myself. I really just wanted to donate to the cause, but this Item came up late in the Auction and bids were slowing down at about the price I had in mind to donate so I went for it. My goal is to kill two birds with one stone and find a true fan interested in purchasing the item and donating the proceeds to the same Charity at the next event. This item comes with a Certificate of Authenticity from the collector that obtained it. The certificate shows its value at $1,500. I paid more than that but I wasn't concerned with it's actual worth while bidding, only what I wanted to give to the cause. In fact I had my own nephew bid against me when others stopped. I was told she rarely signs photos anymore. If there are any Julie Andrews fans out there that would be interested please send me a message. I would like to get the most I can for it, but won't be involved in a bidding war. I live in the states shipping costs outside the US will be significantly higher. I may also decide not to sell it at all if the offers are significantly lower than estimated value. I was informed that doing so could hurt the value of her signature or memorabilia held in collections by her fans, and I have no desire to do that. I will send more pictures and any information available to interested fans. I will not knowingly sell it to a professional dealer for resale.
Thank you!

Photo won't upload, no matter what format or size