charity auction in aid of cancer research UK.

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
holland4ever28
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

charity auction in aid of cancer research UK.

Post by holland4ever28 »

As a small foundation we sell autographs and memorabilia from famous celebrities as to raise money for to aid and support people with cancer and their families As we all know cancer is a horrible disease. MILLIONS of people all over the world have cancer. We wanted to help and support people with this disease and thats why We decided to create project called Autographs Auctions Against Cancer.

Our project has five members :

Jelmer from Holland
Joe from the United Kingdom.
Kevin from Germany.
Wojciech from Poland.

We started off our charity project called "autographs against cancer" where we sell autographs from famous actors , soccer players etc and we raise money wich we donate to the following British Foundations from the united kingdom :
Cancer Research UK and Teenage Cancer Trust.

We would like to invite everyone to look and like our page on facebook. You can find great stuff like a signed Liverpool scarf by Jamie Carragher. But everyday we get more and more stuff and soon there will be more autographs on our auctions ?
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Cancer Research (Registered Charity (1089464) is a crucial organisation and charity whose main goal is defeat cancer, a disease most commonly caused by tumours that can tear families and lives apart. The two charities that are being donated to are Cancer Research UK and Teenage Cancer Trust.

for more info, visit our facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/autographsagainstcancer
Follow us on twitter : twitter.com/CharityGraphs
our website : http://charitygraphs.wix.com/autographs4cancer

the website from the cancer research UK foundation : http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/

when we have new items for auction, we will be sharing them right here.

Last edited by holland4ever28 on Sat May 30, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
holland4ever28
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: charity auction in aid of cancer research UK.

Post by holland4ever28 »

Christopher Plummer - 4 GBP.

Carol Burnett - 3 GBP

Roger Federer - 3 GBP

Jim Duggan - 3 GBP

Ted Dibiase - 3 GBP

Bob Crippen - 3 GBP
Uploaded with surfmypictures

Tobias Moretti - 3 GBP

Jack Cork - 3 GBP

Amanda Bearse - 3 GBP

Jakub Blaszczykowski - 3 GBP
Last edited by holland4ever28 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

I'm not going to tell you how to do your jobs, but if you want to help your charity by selling to collectors, you're going about it the wrong way.

You're selling autographs that anyone can get for the cost of postage & a picture.

It doesn't matter where the money goes--if I want a Carol Burnett or a Bob Crippen of "likely" (though not guaranteed) authenticity, I'll write them myself and save at least half from what you're trying to get.

If you want to make money on standard TTM 'graphs, advertise them to people who have no idea what "TTM" is.

If you want to sell to collectors, either:
1) lower your prices on those that sign TTM to make the pricepoint more attractive than the TTM alternative.
2) get pieces that the average TTM collector cannot. Find people who charge and get them to sign for free or get people to sign authentically who never do.

Otherwise, you're just wasting your time & resources and might as well just be hitting people up for donations, as you don't have much, if anything, that can't be found cheaper elsewhere. This means that your only potential "buyers" from this pool are actually donors who'll likely give you the same amount either way, rather than a collector who's actually looking to buy what you're selling.

The, as I call it, "PBS Model" (we're not selling these totebags for an obscene amount, we're giving them away with large donations) works for some organizations, but I don't think you're one of them.

But, again, it's your endeavor. You can chase it as you like.
WaltG123 != WaltG123. & WaltG123,

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

Not to mention the grammatical mistakes.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
dramaticsuccess
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dramaticsuccess »

holland4ever28 wrote:As a small foundation we sell autographs and memorabilia from famous celebrities as to raise money for to aid and support people with cancer and their families As we all know cancer is a horrible disease. MILLIONS of people all over the world have cancer. We wanted to help and support people with this disease and thats why We decided to create project called Autographs Auctions Against Cancer.

Our project has five members :

Jelmer from Holland
Joe from the United Kingdom.
Kevin from Germany.
Wojciech from Poland.

We started off our charity project called "autographs against cancer" where we sell autographs from famous actors , soccer players etc and we raise money wich we donate to the following British Foundations from the united kingdom :
Cancer Research UK and Teenage Cancer Trust.

We would like to invite everyone to look and like our page on facebook. You can find great stuff like a signed Liverpool scarf by Jamie Carragher. But everyday we get more and more stuff and soon there will be more autographs on our auctions ?
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Cancer Research (Registered Charity (1089464) is a crucial organisation and charity whose main goal is defeat cancer, a disease most commonly caused by tumours that can tear families and lives apart. The two charities that are being donated to are Cancer Research UK and Teenage Cancer Trust.

for more info, visit our facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/autographsagainstcancer
Follow us on twitter : twitter.com/CharityGraphs
our website : http://charitygraphs.wix.com/autographs4cancer

the website from the cancer research UK foundation : http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/

when we have new items for auction, we will be sharing them right here.

Good luck with your charity.
DDavidtenlyMEN
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

charity auction in aid of cancer research UK

Post by DDavidtenlyMEN »

Awareness should be raised as early as possible. Because, Cancer is no more a cause of certain death. Charity must be here.