help ?

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
Lucy8705
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

help ?

Post by Lucy8705 »

I am wanting to start an animal rescue clinic/organization and have a list of celebrities that I have in mind to send to for autographs to help me get started. I have read many of these posts and i have a few questions. First question, alot of the posts mention sensing a link to your charity or organizing or something for the celebrity or agent to look into. Well do i have to make a website? I am just wanting to raise money to start an animal rescue clinic and am going to ask for autographs so that i can auction them off to help raise money. I don't want to get this wrong because starting my own rescue shelter is a dream and it would be awesome to get the animal activist celebrities to help out in any little way that they can. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
fromuk2014
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: help ?

Post by fromuk2014 »

I'm only dropping in my thoughts here and nothing more as I have not been through the process.

I can tell you that any information you have about your operation to create a shelter that you have, absolutely anything, being that you currently don't own a .com website, or (free) amateur website you should send to the people you're requesting from.

As I said above, I'm no expert but I'm assuming to setup a charity that you would need some kind of registered charity number, this of course would help your cause much more should the person you're writing to want to look into your charity or their agent takes a look before passing on your request.

Perhaps if you're completely at the start of what you want to achieve, you could write out your story to each celebrity you plan to request from explaining why you're setting up this charity and what you're naming the shelter etc

Whilst it will take time writing each letter I feel that it will show your seriousness towards what you're doing.

Hopefully somebody else will be able to help you more, maybe try messaging others here who are deemed reliable that may return a message to help you out.

I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing any progress you make in future.