New to this charity stuff. Question

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
DodgersMom
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

New to this charity stuff. Question

Post by DodgersMom »

I have this great idea, and quite original I think for my new charity I have started.
I would love to get some celebrity help for the auction etc but do I need anything specific? I mean do I need to send a letter about my chairty and all the info or just a letter explaining what I am doing?
Do I need to sent it to a certain address or just regular fan mail.... do you need a agent to do this?

Thanks
rachael

Re: New to this charity stuff. Question

Post by rachael »

Hi. From charity auctions I have won in the past, that tend to come with the original request letter, I have noticed they normally just put a couple of lines about the charity, specify that the item received (from the celeb) will 100% go towards the charity, then they include a link to the website they have set up for the charity (so the agent or celeb can investigate more if they wish). I would tend to request through the agent or manager and not the celebrity if possible, though I don't think it would make that much difference (it just seems politer). I would also suggest when you sell, if any have sent back the original request letter or have sent a note, auction those off with the signed piece. You'll get more money for the charity.

Oh, and make sure it IS a registered charity before you start, or you're messing things up for yourself before you even begin.

Good luck!
Here is my selling website. Lots of autographs for sale! http://www.rachaelgrant.com/items/
Favourite: Daniel Radcliffe, JK Rowling, Alan Rickman, River Phoenix, Evangeline Lily
Want: Randy Harrison signed theatre items
fromuk2014
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fromuk2014 »

I would include a letter detailing the charity you're raising funds for in all ways possible.

The two posts above as the reason this forum needs better spam protection!
nawaz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nawaz »

this is very nice post