It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:21 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:24 am 
Offline
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 11:21 pm
Posts: 1486
Location: Canada
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=296460 ..This is exactly what happens when a private address success is posted which is why they get deleted.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:35 am 
Offline
$10 gift certificate winner.
$10 gift certificate winner.

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:42 pm
Posts: 756
Location: South Dakota
Autographs received: 80
Collector since: 2012
johnnylightninglives wrote:
http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=296460 ..This is exactly what happens when a private address success is posted which is why they get deleted.


the thing about something like that is they also did not post the town that they sent off to. the way i look at it is in order to help others do their homework and be proud of finding the address themselves is to give them some direction. yes there are some people out there that will not even give the time of day, but there have been some like this one viewtopic.php?f=146&t=293787 where someones teacher asked JB's grandparents if they could send the fanmail. if the private address is to a relative people should think about what they are asking. granted that it is to a big named celebrity, but take into consideration if you would like your relatives spammed just to get your autograph. a private address category is at least a chancefor people to try and get an address for the celebrity. i do have to ask that since you are making yourself kind of a celebrity on the forum johnny can i take and get your address and give it out to many a people. it is a matter of privacy and honoring someone's wish to not have their address broadcast. those who are bugging the guy about the selena gomez address has not been paying attention to the forum very close. viewtopic.php?f=127&t=293382 he is giving people a chance to get an authentic autograph for just a small fee. if i were a fan of hers i would go for it. it goes back to people being lazy just to get one celebs autograph. i could go on and on about different reasons this feature would open up more doors for the site, but i have basically made many good points that people would like. i know that you love seeing the john travolta secretary success's being hailed as feedback at this point(lol). well that is all for now.

_________________
Stay frosty 8)
Twins and Star Wars fan since the 80's.
I am not selling any or trading any autos at this time,but i may trade extras for certain autographs.
Most Wanted: Any Star Wars Autographs, Baseball.
To see all the autographs that I have go to.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/supertpics/


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:06 am 
Offline
$10 gift certificate winner.
$10 gift certificate winner.

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:03 am
Posts: 251
Location: Illinois
Autographs received: 1200
Collector since: 1982
johnnylightninglives wrote:
I think the majority has spoken...Bad idea and things are fine as they are... {up}


Can you count? It is 4 that agrees and 3 that disagrees. With my vote being yes, it makes it 5 to 3. The MAJORITY is 5, not your 3. But either way, trashing someone's success, address or not, is censorship, plain and simple. This is why I don't post on here anymore nor do I get the majority of addresses from here. I like to see children argue over stupid things. This is a great idea, and people can trade the private addresses easier. As far as calling people on here idiots, well, that's a bit immature, don't you think? Sure we have them everywhere, but is insulting people the right thing to do? Anyone call my kid an idiot, well let's just say they'll be the idiot for **** me off. It's all about respect and some jokers on here don't respect anyone (Gerald72, for example, is on my list). Supertoneman usually only writes baseball players, and not too many "idiots" write them, preferring "flavor of the Month" celebrities or children. Why would a grown person write to a child anyway, celebrity or not? Creepy, IMO. How many grown men wrote Dakota Fanning before she was even 12? If someone wants a private address from me, I usually give it out, depending on their activity here. When Admin trashes our successes, well, it's the main reason I don't post. NEVER DARE TO VIOLATE OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH! That's what Nazi's did and Communists do. Johnnylightning, I NEVER post my targets return address because I use my own. Just a habit I formed. There are plenty of pay sites with the private address on them, and anyone with a credit card can get them. It's usually CHILDREN asking for the freebies (and those you call idiots). Whether we charge for an address or a celebrity charges for an autograph, where is the wrong? This is a free enterprise society we live in. Do you know what that means? We have the freedom to charge for any service we provide for someone. There are way more reputiable websites than this one who charges for membership, so, in the words of Saddam in South Park : The Movie, "What's the problem, bitc#?" I vote yes, like it matters. Admin will do what Admin will do. As in American politics, the People have no real say in the matter.

_________________
Recently Received: Roger Craig, Dane Iorg, Lonnie Smith


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:14 am 
Offline
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:43 am
Posts: 178
Autographs received: 257
Collector since: 2012
Again nicely put. It sure looks like the agrees out number the bad ideas. I dont know where he got that.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:18 am 
Offline
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 1128
Location: New York, NY
Autographs received: 99999
Collector since: 0
You guys realize that none of this matters because nothing on this forum changes right? Members here have put forth suggestions for years, nothing ever changes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 am 
Offline
$10 gift certificate winner.
$10 gift certificate winner.

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:03 am
Posts: 251
Location: Illinois
Autographs received: 1200
Collector since: 1982
And, Johnnylightning, I have been on here for 7 years, and everyone's opinion counts, whether one has been on here for a month or a decade. This site has gotten stagnant, and is beginning to smell. I don't post on here because of people who think their stuff doesn't stink and their opinion is the only one that matters. Plenty of private addresses have been posted on here and the example you gave is just one among hundreds that people haven't begged for. I have gotten plenty of private addresses on here and never have their address on the return envelope anyway. I don't look for bragging rights or congrats from anyone, Admin included. I simply don't care about others opinions. My purpose on here is for my benefit and to list the address I used, unless the person is really old, then I give it out on PM only, and that's just a select few. If nothing ever changes and you think everything on here is fine, then you're a fool. For anything to flourish, you HAVE to have change, or it will die. This is true in life as well as hobbies.

_________________
Recently Received: Roger Craig, Dane Iorg, Lonnie Smith


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:37 pm 
Offline
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:23 am
Posts: 503
Location: Sydney, Australia
Autographs received: 100
Collector since: 2011
Agreed {up} :mrgreen:

_________________
Favourite In-Person - Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban, Seal, Joel Madden, Ricky Martin
Favourite TTM/VV - Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, lil Wayne (jail)
Favourite Celebrity Moment - Met Nicki Minaj at Sydney Entertainment Centre she held my hand and said " F#ck the haters babe Just remember your haters are your motivators" <3


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:05 pm
Posts: 38
Location: ALABAMA
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
NO, it is not fair. I have a military child, and a pre-teen child. I am a working Mom, and collect as a small hobby. They live in a binder on my coffee table.
I do not share, have NOTHING to trade & must rely on luck that I get ANYTHING back. it is NOT possible for me to get home address on my own, nor do I have the time to do a stalker search. ONE PERSON was kind enough to share Tori Spellings address with me. I am put in the "little idiot that begs" category. That isnt right. BUT I do know, that if I ask YOU for the private, you have no way of knowing if I am telling the truth. People lie. SO here I am with a small turn out, wishing I had a selena gomez for my child, or ANYONE big that would send back. **** for the very small percent of us that collect. No need to reply with ugliness, about searching for myself & whatever. You do not know me, nor my life to be able to say if I can , or cannot. :0)

_________________
ALWAYS OPEN TO ANY COMMENTS!
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:55 am 
Offline
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:21 am
Posts: 192
Location: USA
Autographs received: 196
Collector since: 2013
I, like many others think that posting somebody's private home address on the internet is an invasion of privacy and will open the floodgates for them to receive all sorts of unsolicited mail - as opposed to a specific fanmail address or agency that filters the mail and passes on legitimate autograph requests. However, some lesser-known or retired celebrities gladly respond to requests sent to their home addresses for those willing to do the search. In my experience, the odds are definitely against you and if you're trying a previously unreported address you will most likely get an RTS or even more likely - nothing.

BUT, it may be useful to include a feature of the forum where you could at least report a "non-working" private address, just to save others the same waste of time and postage (and to prevent a non-stop flow of mail to a wrong address). Just an idea...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:33 am 
Offline
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:08 am
Posts: 1480
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 0
ScottishDan wrote:
Ok..

If Admin allowed "private address successes" to be posted you'd get all the little idiots commenting begging for the address even more and then you'd get the other people commenting with the address because "it's not fair". There would be a lot more arguments not "less arguments". People are too childish on this forum to follow the rules and will throw strops because they can't get their own way. Also promoting a private address success without the address will only provoke people to go find the address and send to them simply because the celebrity signs, not because they're a genuine fan. Then genuine fans of that person will miss out as usual as the person will find it suspisious to suddenly receive all this mail via their home and stop signing. It's just a recipe for disaster.


Hear, hear. But you still see people begging for an email section and posting address requests that just say "Email addresses that work". Look through my posts and the reactions to them--there's no use reasoning with morons on this forum. This thread is further proof of that.

Lesmizlover wrote:
I want a new Private Category so that way people with great non database successes can still show it off and it won't be trashed which is unfair. Like my Victoria Justice


Then put it in Autograph Collecting Discussions instead of Feedback. Problem solved.

Amberlea2567 wrote:
actually, i had an account on here a few years back, due to taking a break from collecting and i have only recently joined again, due to forgetting my password and username.
just because were 'new' doesnt mean we cant have a say on how the website is run, and give our opinions :D


That's right, it doesn't.

Know what does? The fact that admin doesn't give a **** about anyone's opinions but his own. TheCollector, who's an administrator & mod on this forum left the board for that very reason. You can find that post in the Mods or Admin forum.

dylans dad wrote:
A lot a people agree with you but for some reason others think its just unthinkable.


You say that as though the reason hasn't been explained. ScottishDan summed it up quite well. If you can't read/comprehend what you're reading, that's not our problem.

Hatsawayfan1 wrote:
I am all for it. If you guys don't want it, then DON'T come on. This website is as much yours as it is ours. {up}


Very true--but you don't seem to realize that it's 0% ours and 0% yours. It's 100% admin's. He does what he wants, even if it defies his own rules and/or common sense. And for the past few years, he's been doing things that defy both.

Pull up the member list and look at the Global Mods. Notice how none of them have logged in for a while? Notice how most Mods are inactive and have been for that same amount of time?

They left because admin started making decisions to run this board into the ground. Again, go into the Mods and Admin forums. You can see the posts that prove it for yourselves.

mrgoo1 wrote:
And, Johnnylightning, I have been on here for 7 years, and everyone's opinion counts, whether one has been on here for a month or a decade.


Once again, no. The only opinion that counts is admin's and he doesn't even care enough to read this thread, let alone act on it.

You're all voting like you think majority will win. It won't. Even if every other member on this board said "I love this idea", nothing would come of it, because the only one who can do anything to change it DOESN'T CARE AT ALL.

ig88 wrote:
I, like many others think that posting somebody's private home address on the internet is an invasion of privacy and will open the floodgates for them to receive all sorts of unsolicited mail - as opposed to a specific fanmail address or agency that filters the mail and passes on legitimate autograph requests.


Look up privacy laws. Once you're a celebrity, those things change.

Also, don't ever look at phone books, either online or in print. *gasp* THEY PUBLISH ADDRESSES!

Home addresses are public information. It's why they come up in "public information" searches.

snozzberries wrote:
I do not share, have NOTHING to trade & must rely on luck that I get ANYTHING back. it is NOT possible for me to get home address on my own, nor do I have the time to do a stalker search.


You clearly don't know what the word "stalker" means, and using it colloquially is akin to using the word "rape" in the same colloquial context.

"Stalker" is a legal term, not a colloquial one, and equating ANY OF THIS to stalking is the same as equating legal, nonviolent acts with "murder" and "rape".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:02 pm
Posts: 15
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 2012
MW1221 wrote:
ScottishDan wrote:
Ok..

If Admin allowed "private address successes" to be posted you'd get all the little idiots commenting begging for the address even more and then you'd get the other people commenting with the address because "it's not fair". There would be a lot more arguments not "less arguments". People are too childish on this forum to follow the rules and will throw strops because they can't get their own way. Also promoting a private address success without the address will only provoke people to go find the address and send to them simply because the celebrity signs, not because they're a genuine fan. Then genuine fans of that person will miss out as usual as the person will find it suspisious to suddenly receive all this mail via their home and stop signing. It's just a recipe for disaster.


Hear, hear. But you still see people begging for an email section and posting address requests that just say "Email addresses that work". Look through my posts and the reactions to them--there's no use reasoning with morons on this forum. This thread is further proof of that.

Lesmizlover wrote:
I want a new Private Category so that way people with great non database successes can still show it off and it won't be trashed which is unfair. Like my Victoria Justice


Then put it in Autograph Collecting Discussions instead of Feedback. Problem solved.

Amberlea2567 wrote:
actually, i had an account on here a few years back, due to taking a break from collecting and i have only recently joined again, due to forgetting my password and username.
just because were 'new' doesnt mean we cant have a say on how the website is run, and give our opinions :D


That's right, it doesn't.

Know what does? The fact that admin doesn't give a **** about anyone's opinions but his own. TheCollector, who's an administrator & mod on this forum left the board for that very reason. You can find that post in the Mods or Admin forum.

dylans dad wrote:
A lot a people agree with you but for some reason others think its just unthinkable.


You say that as though the reason hasn't been explained. ScottishDan summed it up quite well. If you can't read/comprehend what you're reading, that's not our problem.

Hatsawayfan1 wrote:
I am all for it. If you guys don't want it, then DON'T come on. This website is as much yours as it is ours. {up}


Very true--but you don't seem to realize that it's 0% ours and 0% yours. It's 100% admin's. He does what he wants, even if it defies his own rules and/or common sense. And for the past few years, he's been doing things that defy both.

Pull up the member list and look at the Global Mods. Notice how none of them have logged in for a while? Notice how most Mods are inactive and have been for that same amount of time?

They left because admin started making decisions to run this board into the ground. Again, go into the Mods and Admin forums. You can see the posts that prove it for yourselves.

mrgoo1 wrote:
And, Johnnylightning, I have been on here for 7 years, and everyone's opinion counts, whether one has been on here for a month or a decade.


Once again, no. The only opinion that counts is admin's and he doesn't even care enough to read this thread, let alone act on it.

You're all voting like you think majority will win. It won't. Even if every other member on this board said "I love this idea", nothing would come of it, because the only one who can do anything to change it DOESN'T CARE AT ALL.

ig88 wrote:
I, like many others think that posting somebody's private home address on the internet is an invasion of privacy and will open the floodgates for them to receive all sorts of unsolicited mail - as opposed to a specific fanmail address or agency that filters the mail and passes on legitimate autograph requests.


Look up privacy laws. Once you're a celebrity, those things change.

Also, don't ever look at phone books, either online or in print. *gasp* THEY PUBLISH ADDRESSES!

Home addresses are public information. It's why they come up in "public information" searches.

snozzberries wrote:
I do not share, have NOTHING to trade & must rely on luck that I get ANYTHING back. it is NOT possible for me to get home address on my own, nor do I have the time to do a stalker search.


You clearly don't know what the word "stalker" means, and using it colloquially is akin to using the word "rape" in the same colloquial context.

"Stalker" is a legal term, not a colloquial one, and equating ANY OF THIS to stalking is the same as equating legal, nonviolent acts with "murder" and "rape".





Hear, hear. But you still see people begging for an email section and posting address requests that just say "Email addresses that work". Look through my posts and the reactions to them--there's no use reasoning with morons on this forum. This thread is further proof of that.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:58 pm 
Offline
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 9:14 pm
Posts: 5314
Location: Oz
Autographs received: 709
Collector since: 2005
IMO I think that things are fine just how they are. I mean just because the admin puts private address successes in the trash, that doesn't mean that they are any less "worthy" to be posted. They are STILL successes and people will still be able to see them. I think that things are just fine how they are @ the moment. {up}

Also, other people who wanna ask for help with finding the addresses, can still ask because you can still see them. U will just have to go through the trash to see them, that's all.

_________________
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:47 am
Posts: 85
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 2012
magicman1000 wrote:
Magicman1000.
Why are you spamming my posts and copying my threads?


Which post of yours did he spam?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:47 am
Posts: 85
Autographs received: 0
Collector since: 2012
Nah he didn't


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Private Address Category
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 95
Autographs received: 29
Collector since: 2005
I know this my sound a little bit stupid to some of you but I'm gonna ask this anyways: do you think that celebrities in general are ok with getting their fan mail and autograph requests at their home address?
I mean, I was thinking about sending a few requests out to private addresses but I feel a little like you seem really pushy to get them to sign your stuff by sending it to their homes. Or is it just my feeling?
Any thoughts on this (maybe from those of you who have more experiences of this kind)?
thanks :)

_________________
Latest letters sent to: Jenette Goldstein, Lance Henriksen, Mark Rolston...

Favorite authentic successes:Kevin Spacey 2x, Bill Paxton, Milla Jovovich, Rachel McAdams, Channing Tatum, Amanda Seyfield, Cynthia Nixon, Russel Brand, Dev Patel....


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group