Private Address Category

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Private Address Category

Post by johnnylightninglives »

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 6&t=296460 ..This is exactly what happens when a private address success is posted which is why they get deleted.
supertoneman
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by supertoneman »

johnnylightninglives wrote:http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 6&t=296460 ..This is exactly what happens when a private address success is posted which is why they get deleted.
the thing about something like that is they also did not post the town that they sent off to. the way i look at it is in order to help others do their homework and be proud of finding the address themselves is to give them some direction. yes there are some people out there that will not even give the time of day, but there have been some like this one http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 6&t=293787 where someones teacher asked JB's grandparents if they could send the fanmail. if the private address is to a relative people should think about what they are asking. granted that it is to a big named celebrity, but take into consideration if you would like your relatives spammed just to get your autograph. a private address category is at least a chancefor people to try and get an address for the celebrity. i do have to ask that since you are making yourself kind of a celebrity on the forum johnny can i take and get your address and give it out to many a people. it is a matter of privacy and honoring someone's wish to not have their address broadcast. those who are bugging the guy about the selena gomez address has not been paying attention to the forum very close. http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 7&t=293382 he is giving people a chance to get an authentic autograph for just a small fee. if i were a fan of hers i would go for it. it goes back to people being lazy just to get one celebs autograph. i could go on and on about different reasons this feature would open up more doors for the site, but i have basically made many good points that people would like. i know that you love seeing the john travolta secretary success's being hailed as feedback at this point(lol). well that is all for now.
Stay frosty 8)
Twins and Star Wars fan since the 80's.
I am not selling any or trading any autos at this time,but i may trade extras for certain autographs.
Most Wanted: Any Star Wars Autographs, Baseball.
To see all the autographs that I have go to.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/supertpics/
mrgoo1

Post by mrgoo1 »

johnnylightninglives wrote:I think the majority has spoken...Bad idea and things are fine as they are... {up}
Can you count? It is 4 that agrees and 3 that disagrees. With my vote being yes, it makes it 5 to 3. The MAJORITY is 5, not your 3. But either way, trashing someone's success, address or not, is censorship, plain and simple. This is why I don't post on here anymore nor do I get the majority of addresses from here. I like to see children argue over stupid things. This is a great idea, and people can trade the private addresses easier. As far as calling people on here idiots, well, that's a bit immature, don't you think? Sure we have them everywhere, but is insulting people the right thing to do? Anyone call my kid an idiot, well let's just say they'll be the idiot for pissing me off. It's all about respect and some jokers on here don't respect anyone (Gerald72, for example, is on my list). Supertoneman usually only writes baseball players, and not too many "idiots" write them, preferring "flavor of the Month" celebrities or children. Why would a grown person write to a child anyway, celebrity or not? Creepy, IMO. How many grown men wrote Dakota Fanning before she was even 12? If someone wants a private address from me, I usually give it out, depending on their activity here. When Admin trashes our successes, well, it's the main reason I don't post. NEVER DARE TO VIOLATE OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH! That's what Nazi's did and Communists do. Johnnylightning, I NEVER post my targets return address because I use my own. Just a habit I formed. There are plenty of pay sites with the private address on them, and anyone with a credit card can get them. It's usually CHILDREN asking for the freebies (and those you call idiots). Whether we charge for an address or a celebrity charges for an autograph, where is the wrong? This is a free enterprise society we live in. Do you know what that means? We have the freedom to charge for any service we provide for someone. There are way more reputiable websites than this one who charges for membership, so, in the words of Saddam in South Park : The Movie, "What's the problem, bitc#?" I vote yes, like it matters. Admin will do what Admin will do. As in American politics, the People have no real say in the matter.
Recently Received: Roger Craig, Dane Iorg, Lonnie Smith
dylans dad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dylans dad »

Again nicely put. It sure looks like the agrees out number the bad ideas. I dont know where he got that.
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

You guys realize that none of this matters because nothing on this forum changes right? Members here have put forth suggestions for years, nothing ever changes.
mrgoo1

Post by mrgoo1 »

And, Johnnylightning, I have been on here for 7 years, and everyone's opinion counts, whether one has been on here for a month or a decade. This site has gotten stagnant, and is beginning to smell. I don't post on here because of people who think their stuff doesn't stink and their opinion is the only one that matters. Plenty of private addresses have been posted on here and the example you gave is just one among hundreds that people haven't begged for. I have gotten plenty of private addresses on here and never have their address on the return envelope anyway. I don't look for bragging rights or congrats from anyone, Admin included. I simply don't care about others opinions. My purpose on here is for my benefit and to list the address I used, unless the person is really old, then I give it out on PM only, and that's just a select few. If nothing ever changes and you think everything on here is fine, then you're a fool. For anything to flourish, you HAVE to have change, or it will die. This is true in life as well as hobbies.
Recently Received: Roger Craig, Dane Iorg, Lonnie Smith
C1RQU1T
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by C1RQU1T »

Agreed {up} :mrgreen:
Favourite In-Person - Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban, Seal, Joel Madden, Ricky Martin
Favourite TTM/VV - Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, lil Wayne (jail)
Favourite Celebrity Moment - Met Nicki Minaj at Sydney Entertainment Centre she held my hand and said " F#ck the haters babe Just remember your haters are your motivators" <3
snozzberries
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by snozzberries »

NO, it is not fair. I have a military child, and a pre-teen child. I am a working Mom, and collect as a small hobby. They live in a binder on my coffee table.
I do not share, have NOTHING to trade & must rely on luck that I get ANYTHING back. it is NOT possible for me to get home address on my own, nor do I have the time to do a stalker search. ONE PERSON was kind enough to share Tori Spellings address with me. I am put in the "little idiot that begs" category. That isnt right. BUT I do know, that if I ask YOU for the private, you have no way of knowing if I am telling the truth. People lie. SO here I am with a small turn out, wishing I had a selena gomez for my child, or ANYONE big that would send back. Sucks for the very small percent of us that collect. No need to reply with ugliness, about searching for myself & whatever. You do not know me, nor my life to be able to say if I can , or cannot. :0)
ALWAYS OPEN TO ANY COMMENTS!
ig88
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ig88 »

I, like many others think that posting somebody's private home address on the internet is an invasion of privacy and will open the floodgates for them to receive all sorts of unsolicited mail - as opposed to a specific fanmail address or agency that filters the mail and passes on legitimate autograph requests. However, some lesser-known or retired celebrities gladly respond to requests sent to their home addresses for those willing to do the search. In my experience, the odds are definitely against you and if you're trying a previously unreported address you will most likely get an RTS or even more likely - nothing.

BUT, it may be useful to include a feature of the forum where you could at least report a "non-working" private address, just to save others the same waste of time and postage (and to prevent a non-stop flow of mail to a wrong address). Just an idea...
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

ScottishDan wrote:Ok..

If Admin allowed "private address successes" to be posted you'd get all the little idiots commenting begging for the address even more and then you'd get the other people commenting with the address because "it's not fair". There would be a lot more arguments not "less arguments". People are too childish on this forum to follow the rules and will throw strops because they can't get their own way. Also promoting a private address success without the address will only provoke people to go find the address and send to them simply because the celebrity signs, not because they're a genuine fan. Then genuine fans of that person will miss out as usual as the person will find it suspisious to suddenly receive all this mail via their home and stop signing. It's just a recipe for disaster.
Hear, hear. But you still see people begging for an email section and posting address requests that just say "Email addresses that work". Look through my posts and the reactions to them--there's no use reasoning with morons on this forum. This thread is further proof of that.
Lesmizlover wrote:I want a new Private Category so that way people with great non database successes can still show it off and it won't be trashed which is unfair. Like my Victoria Justice
Then put it in Autograph Collecting Discussions instead of Feedback. Problem solved.
Amberlea2567 wrote: actually, i had an account on here a few years back, due to taking a break from collecting and i have only recently joined again, due to forgetting my password and username.
just because were 'new' doesnt mean we cant have a say on how the website is run, and give our opinions :D
That's right, it doesn't.

Know what does? The fact that admin doesn't give a shit about anyone's opinions but his own. TheCollector, who's an administrator & mod on this forum left the board for that very reason. You can find that post in the Mods or Admin forum.
dylans dad wrote:A lot a people agree with you but for some reason others think its just unthinkable.
You say that as though the reason hasn't been explained. ScottishDan summed it up quite well. If you can't read/comprehend what you're reading, that's not our problem.
Hatsawayfan1 wrote:I am all for it. If you guys don't want it, then DON'T come on. This website is as much yours as it is ours. {up}
Very true--but you don't seem to realize that it's 0% ours and 0% yours. It's 100% admin's. He does what he wants, even if it defies his own rules and/or common sense. And for the past few years, he's been doing things that defy both.

Pull up the member list and look at the Global Mods. Notice how none of them have logged in for a while? Notice how most Mods are inactive and have been for that same amount of time?

They left because admin started making decisions to run this board into the ground. Again, go into the Mods and Admin forums. You can see the posts that prove it for yourselves.
mrgoo1 wrote:And, Johnnylightning, I have been on here for 7 years, and everyone's opinion counts, whether one has been on here for a month or a decade.
Once again, no. The only opinion that counts is admin's and he doesn't even care enough to read this thread, let alone act on it.

You're all voting like you think majority will win. It won't. Even if every other member on this board said "I love this idea", nothing would come of it, because the only one who can do anything to change it DOESN'T CARE AT ALL.
ig88 wrote:I, like many others think that posting somebody's private home address on the internet is an invasion of privacy and will open the floodgates for them to receive all sorts of unsolicited mail - as opposed to a specific fanmail address or agency that filters the mail and passes on legitimate autograph requests.
Look up privacy laws. Once you're a celebrity, those things change.

Also, don't ever look at phone books, either online or in print. *gasp* THEY PUBLISH ADDRESSES!

Home addresses are public information. It's why they come up in "public information" searches.
snozzberries wrote:I do not share, have NOTHING to trade & must rely on luck that I get ANYTHING back. it is NOT possible for me to get home address on my own, nor do I have the time to do a stalker search.
You clearly don't know what the word "stalker" means, and using it colloquially is akin to using the word "rape" in the same colloquial context.

"Stalker" is a legal term, not a colloquial one, and equating ANY OF THIS to stalking is the same as equating legal, nonviolent acts with "murder" and "rape".