Dick Van Dyke REAL Success!!!

Moderators' Forum.
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Dick Van Dyke REAL Success!!!

Post by WaltG123 »

fromuk2014 wrote:The skin comment was not aimed at Walt, mainly at spammers, trolls, the likes of whoever created this thread, does that make better sense now?

I'm completely aware that Walt is stern but fair, most of the time - and not a troll.

I can see how that could have been taken to look as though I had not read your responses but I think it was misunderstood.
Thank you for the clarification (and kind words).

Back in the old days, this thread would've been locked or deleted by now.

Who wants to bet whether admin will do the right thing or congratulate the OP & ask for an envelope? :lol:

(I'm also taking bets on whether my comments in this thread will get me banned.)
WaltG123 != WaltG123. & WaltG123,

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

Not to mention the grammatical mistakes.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
Imortalmindz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Imortalmindz »

I have reported your posts so let's hope you get banned. But we all know you will just start another account like you have with this one. Haha.
fromuk2014
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fromuk2014 »

Well, I'm at a loss for words and don't really know what to say now, it's all been looked at from various angles and now there's nothing more to say or do, the only thing that could change anything is the Admin, which doesn't seem to be working.
Imortalmindz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Imortalmindz »

If I bump this up a notch there's less chance the admin will comment on it.
Hopefully he will delete all this topic nonsense when he gets my reported pm.
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by caappy »

Life can get so complicated at times...
cavewv
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by cavewv »

WaltG123 wrote:
fromuk2014 wrote:Well, that is a shame, but I still think this place could rise from the ashes and become better maintained once again, there's not really a reason why everyone can't start over and make it a better place and so I'm still hopeful, even if its empty hope.

Admin, why not share the strain and let somebody else help around here, members might begin to stick around more often.
The problem now is that the respectable members are almost all gone, replaced by super mature people like the lovely person who posted above who believe that off topic ad hominems make for appropriate conversation.

Is it possible that the site could rise from the ashes? Yes.

Will it? No.

The site is too much for work for one person, but admin decided that's how he wants it to be. As such, it's been overrun by trolls, spammers, and people who are too immature to know the difference between "authentic" & "fake, "intended" & "perceived", and "curt" & "rude".

With that, its view in the mainstream collecting community has plummeted, thus driving away potential good members and attracting more of the above. It's a vicious cycle, & one that I don't see breaking anytime soon--even with new management.

At this point, the site is what it is & you have to take it as such. If you keep trying to make it better, it won't be long before you're as beloved as I am. :lol:

ETA:

PS If you actually look at all my posts, you'll see that, while curt, I actually help those who made an effort to help themselves prior to asking their question.

The problem is that most of the questions asked here have already been answered a million times & the answers are easy to locate. The other problem is that people choose, for whatever reason (maturity?), to read an attitude into my posts that isn't there.
One of the real problem here the new people dont stay. When they ask for help none comes. I'm new to ttm it'll be one year in July. I have met a few on this site who have been very helpful. But most are rude just saying everything everyone posts is sec or pp or fake ect. When a newbie puts there pp or sec in feedback there made to feel a fool by the rude ones on here. I agree let them know its a fake or sec but please try to explain to them why and not just put down there post. I thought this site was for people to share and trade info about the hobby we all love. The admin needs to step up and start working on what really wrong here. I'm sure there are alot of great people who could take over for him not replace him but like others say lighten his load or maby he's just to busy to attend to the issues. I'm a single dad I totally understand being busy but there are good people willing to help. Whatever the problem is we need to fix it. I like this site I like most of the people on here. If everyone stopped the arguments and helped out more this could be a great site still.
Cpt. Caveman's TTM Autograph Collecting Blog http://ccmautos.blogspot.com/
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

cavewv wrote:When they ask for help none comes.
I have never seen that. Even those who ask the same things that have been asked & answered ad nauseam still get the answers spoonfed to them. As it is, "Collecting Help" could be named "How do I ship to England"--and there's one poster who diligently answers every...single...time. I admire her ability to not go berserk.

cavewv wrote:But most are rude just saying everything everyone posts is sec or pp or fake ect. When a newbie puts there pp or sec in feedback there made to feel a fool by the rude ones on here. I agree let them know its a fake or sec but please try to explain to them why and not just put down there post.
If anyone, new or experienced, puts a fake in "Feedback" without labeling it as such, they're doing a disservice to the community. I've never seen anyone be rude about it; curt, maybe, but not rude.

As for explaining the reasoning behind it, that's great--in theory. The problem is that a lot of these are either painfully obvious or have been talked to death already.

If you wonder why someone says something is a PP, go into the past feedback for that person and look at the posted images. It really is that simple.

There are also posts beyond posts beyond posts dissecting various secs. If you're curious, read them.

If you don't have time to find them, then why would anyone else have time to do your research for you to satisfy your curiosity?

If you do your research & come up with a different opinion, then share it. It's a community. It thrives on dialogue. But you need to actually do your own research first. Yes, in most cases, that is the responsibility of the person making the claim, but there is a widely regarded exception for common knowledge, which is what most of those claims fall under on this board after being talked to death.

cavewv wrote:The admin needs to step up and start working on what really wrong here. I'm sure there are alot of great people who could take over for him not replace him but like others say lighten his load or maby he's just to busy to attend to the issues. I'm a single dad I totally understand being busy but there are good people willing to help. Whatever the problem is we need to fix it.
Preaching to the choir.
cavewv wrote:If everyone stopped the arguments and helped out more this could be a great site still.
Argument... There's another word that, like rude, gets thrown around & misused here often. Dialogue, disagreements, & back and forths != arguments.

Are there arguments here? Yes.

Is everything that gets called an argument actually one? No.

There's a serious maturity problem on these boards. People feel personally attacked by nothing and respond with ad hominems and everything else. Anyone who tells them something they don't like without padding it with unnecessary niceties is "rude" or "trolling".

This is what leads to actual arguments--when people like that sense an argument where there wasn't one.

ETA: Here's an example of exactly what I'm talking about:

Subject: Emilia Clarke super fast success!!

People decide to interpret words with a tone where none was intended, get upset about the tone that they put there, and then turn a dialogue into a fight because they didn't like the attitude that they decided was present.

You can find the same thing with Robin's post above, too. People are so inclined to turn things into fights that they actually read attitudes into things that weren't there just so they can.

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joe316 »

WaltG123, wrote:Anyone who thinks my autograph isn't real will be added to my ignore list.
Total losers like this really need to just stop posting in the FEEDBACK thread because they don't like people telling them the truth about their FAKE Dick Van Dyke SECRETARIAL.
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

joe316 wrote:
WaltG123, wrote:Anyone who thinks my autograph isn't real will be added to my ignore list.
Total losers like this really need to just stop posting in the FEEDBACK thread because they don't like people telling them the truth about their FAKE Dick Van Dyke SECRETARIAL.

Joe, you were on a roll with the Eastwood, but you're way off on what's going on here. I suggest reading the thread.

WaltG123 wrote:

Gomez1234
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Gomez1234 »

WaltG123 wrote:The problem is that most of the questions asked here have already been answered a million times & the answers are easy to locate. The other problem is that people choose, for whatever reason (maturity?), to read an attitude into my posts that isn't there.
The fact that anyone who disagrees with you or upsets you in any fashion is added to your ignore list doesn't really help your argument.

However Walt123 will never see this since he's added me to his ignore list. Maybe we should all get together and form a support group.
Currently have: Katie Sackhoff, David Copperfield, Betty White, Fran Drescher, Carly Rae Jepsen (Cinderella playbill with cast), Mike Rowe (Eagle Scout letter), Jay Leno, Barbara Eden, Laker Girls, Jaqueline Bisset, Sophia Loren, Ann Coulter, Lani Minella, Lynda Carter, Edward James Olmos, Chuck Norris, Scorpion cast, Joanna Cameron, Weird Al Yankovick, Harry Dean Stanton, Veronica Cartwright, Rachel Nichols, Honor Blackman, Teri Garr, George R.R. Martin, Mindy Robinson, Tom Skerritt, Natalie Skyy, Penn and Teller, Paula Labaredas, Laura Hall, Jeri Ryan, Charlotte McKinney, Sandahl Bergman, Jaclyn Smith, Julie Adams, Mary Costa, Jane Seymour, Nancy Kovack.

Assorted cheerleader squads: Laker Girls, Indianapolis Colts, N.Y. Knick Dancers, Miami Dolphins, Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Stars, Milwaukee Bucks, Baltimore Ravens, Miami HEAT Dancers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.