Apologies for absense... week from hell!

Moderators' Forum.
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Apologies for absense... week from hell!

Post by osiris »

Sorry I've been AWOL a bit. Had a lovely week in London, then suffered a burst water pipe in the conservatory. It was an external pipe, then the police decided to try and break in so I also have a broken patio door & broken plastering inside, so the whole room needs redecorating.

Thankfully an autograph I sent off for a friend ages ago arrived yesterday, just in time for Christmas! That cheered me up a bit haha
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Apologies for absense... week from hell!

Post by jdp3577 »

hopefully next week will be better. whys the police trying to break in on you?
#-John-#
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Apologies for absense... week from hell!

Post by osiris »

jdp3577 wrote:hopefully next week will be better. whys the police trying to break in on you?
Someone saw the leak (which was a visible pipe in a conservatory/outhouse type thing) and reported it. The outhouse isn't locked (nor sealed, so the water was running down the street), but connects to the house via a French style patio door. They decided that they needed to turn off the water and to get inside to "protect my belongings" as a neighbour told them I wouldnt be home til the early hours (I get home at 5 every night wtf). So they tried to break in, unsuccessfully. As it was, I was off work that day and came home after shopping at 4 to find 2 police cars and about 15 neighbours all crowded around my house. I ran inside and turned the water off from the internal stop tap. There's also a stop tap in the street, every house has one. They could have rung the water board, found out where it was and turned it off easily. Instead they bust my door and the plastering inside in an attempt to save my belongings from an OUTSIDE leak. GRRRRR.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.