Potential Belligerent Member

Moderators' Forum.
Selise

Potential Belligerent Member

Post by Selise »

We could potentially have a mega issue with this member giving out home addresses. cdahlk2001

He also does make a valid point that there are some home addresses here in our database.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148676
Madame_Malfoy

Re: Potential Belligerent Member

Post by Madame_Malfoy »

Hey Selise,

I agree, we may have a bit of an issue here.. Have you been able to find out who edited his post? Oh wait, I see that it was Chris102, never mind! {thumb2}

Not that I really think that it matters much as they seem quite aggressive but that's the problem with home addresses.. I'm not sure what's the right thing to do here but I DO think that they're handled this very poorly and very childishly. If it was such a problem for them, then they should have PMed a global Mod or Mod and asked about it - not put up an abusive post in the 'Feedback' section.. I'd even almost understand them putting up a post asking about it in either the 'Add/Update an address', 'Collecting Help' or even 'Autograph Collecting discussions' but not like this. And I think it's a really bad idea of them to be attacking Moderators without any real cause..

I think I'm going to lock the topic, comment briefly on the fact that the address wasn't in the database and a lot of celebrities, understandably, do not wish for their home addresses to be posted on the net and suggest that the member PM or post elsewhere if he has a problem and hopefully, next time, without the unnecessary rudeness. {up}

Thoughts?

Olivia
Selise

Post by Selise »

I did find out that it was Chris02, but then I had real life stuff that needed to be attended to, and I just got around to looking here again now.

I think you're right. I was planning on locking it but I didn't want that to spur the member onto opening up more threads elsewhere.

I agree that we should have something in place about PM'ing people with home addresses, but that can lead to abuse too. I think it's a situation that we have to deal with as it comes up, because sometimes there are only home addresses for fans to write to (especially for older celebs who are no longer with a talent agency)
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

I think the member also needs a warning through pm. The issue should not have been handled like the way it was. If there was a problem a simple pm would have been suffice. I moved his topic to the admins forum.
ldy josie x
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by ldy josie x »

Hello,

Thanks, Selise, for bringing this up. I just saw his thread in the Admins forum. I think he needs a warning not only through PM but also through his profile so that other users can know that he is not exactly friendly here (I can't think of a better term!). He did overreact and handled the problem very childishly, and other members here need to know that. Also, having a warning on his profile will help moderators and Admin if cdahlk2001 ever wants to be a TM.

As for the home addressses issue, I don't think we can really do anything about it :|
For cheap, high-quality photos, magazine pictures, and autographs, please see shop. Click HERE to go!
Feel free to e-mail: josephine@fanmail.biz
Madame_Malfoy

Post by Madame_Malfoy »

Thanks ozzman and Josie! {thumb2}

I, like Selise, wasn't exactly sure how the situation could be handled best without setting the member off even more and having them creating dozens of abusive topics so I just figured a brief post and then locking the topic would be the best. I thought of moving the topic to the Mod forum but wanted the member to have a chance to read what I'd written before it was moved.. Plus, I didn't know if one of the GMs etc. would want to move it themselves or to handle it differently so I just left it.. :neutral:

Anyway, re: the home address issue.. I'm not sure what, if anything, can be done.. I only know that if *I* were a celebrity, I wouldn't want my home address available on the internet.. If the success was authentic then I guess that, in this case, the Osbournes don't mind but it's a bit of an unclear point so I guess we all should just do what we think is best in each circumstance.. The main point is that the member was REALLY out of line and they had no right to go off like that. And particularly not attacking Mods for no reason!

I happen to agree with Chris102's decision to remove the address but I don't know if that's the point any more.. Anyhoo, thanks and I hope that this is all over! :shock:

:D Liv