TM: TheScarletPimpernel

Moderators' Forum.
lizane

TM: TheScarletPimpernel

Post by lizane »

Hi all! ;-)

One of my TM's, nightowl (Dallayce), has complained to me about the TM TheScarletPimpernel. {down} She told me that he makes her feel uncomfortable to post as he had a go at her when she just became a TM, when she was only trying to post advice. :neutral:

Apparently, he also attacked one of her friends who recently joined Fanmail.biz. The friend asked about a theater address for her favourite actor, and TheScarletPimpernel pm'ed this newly joined member, saying how he dislikes her favourite actor. {down} I personally think this is really not the kind of behaviour a TM should have, as he drove this new member away (she doesn't want to visit Fanmail anymore).

I know we've had many problems with TheScarletPimpernel before too, as we all know he copies Selise's posts and claims the info as his own. :roll: I was surprised and disgusted when I heard from nightowl what he has done to her friend. {down}

However, nightowl does not want TheScarletPimpernel banned because she said she would feel too bad. She asked me to demote her as a TM, but I promised her to ask you guys what we should do about TheScarletPimpernel. I am so sick of members (especially TM's) who think they're better and more knowledgeable than everyone else. :mad: I strongly think TheScarletPimpernel should get demoted immediately, as he was before. He's extremely rude and has an awful attitude.

I'm starting to get very annoyed with rude members here, it's becoming a problem... A few weeks ago the member superletterfan had a go at me, personally. {down} I think if this kind of behaviour continues among the same members here, they should get warned, and if that doesn't help, they should be banned as they really ruin this forum for others. :neutral:

Please let me know what you think I should do about TheScarletPimpernel (or else I would have to demote nightowl, which I really don't want to do - she's a very nice person and so helpful/knowledgeable) and about rude members in general. {thumb2}

Thank you!!
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: TM: TheScarletPimpernel

Post by BossC »

yellow wrote:
(or else I would have to demote nightowl, which I really don't want to do - she's a very nice person and so helpful/knowledgeable) {thumb2}
Did I miss something? Why would you have to demote nightowl?

As for rude members, I think once or twice should be ignored (everyone has a bad day once in a while :( ) but if it is a habit such as it appears to be with TheScarletPimpernal, then maybe a demotion. But we don't want them running to admin and becoming a Mod on admin's team!

EDIT: He IS already on admin's team!! So we better inform Admin about this and maybe Admin will eventually have enough and demote him.

BossC
lizane

Post by lizane »

BossC wrote:
yellow wrote:
(or else I would have to demote nightowl, which I really don't want to do - she's a very nice person and so helpful/knowledgeable) {thumb2}
Did I miss something? Why would you have to demote nightowl?
First paragraph:
She told me that he makes her feel uncomfortable to post as he had a go at her when she just became a TM, when she was only trying to post advice.
I'm sorry, I didn't say it clearly enough, but she asked me to demote her and I told her if she would change her mind if I ask you guys what to do. {thumb2}

I agree with you BossC, I also have bad days. :( But TheScarletPimpernel is not having a bad day, he's just plain rude (just as Andy was). As I told Dallayce, TheScarletPimpernel is so "protective" of Broadway (as weird as that sounds!) that it appears that no-one else is allowed to know more than him, otherwise he'll have a go at you. :neutral: That's exactly what happened with Dallayce, but I've seen that he has done the same to others here too. {down} But that's not my main concern, I was so shocked when I heard he criticized an actor who a new member here admired - that was really unasked for and is not the kind of behaviour a TM should have. :mad: I mean, I am not a fan of Miley Cyrus (I don't hate her though, I don't hate anyone) but I will never pm someone and tell them how I dislike Miley (not that I do, it's just that I don't care). {up} But this seems to be the ritual of TheScarletPimpernel, I've seen him openly criticize other actors too of whom members asked about. :?

Apparenly Dallayce has already pm'ed admin about TheScarletPimpernel, he just haven't replied yet (and it's been weeks now). All I know is that we've had problems with TheScarletPimpernel before, and that's why he was demoted in the first place!

Thanks for you reply, BossC! {thumb2} I don't want members leaving Fanmail because of rude members - I know what it feels like being afraid to post anything because you just know someone else will have a go at you. :( It's not fair, and we should keep our eyes open for this members before more members leave... {down}
starman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by starman »

This attitude does not appeal to a TM...
I was actually happy to see him again in the FanMail team (he knows a lot about theathers venues, musicals and so on...), but we all give a service to the members of this forum and being polite and available means a lot. I don't think she deserves the TM status anymore.

She's on admin's team and the decision is up to him..
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jdp3577 »

yellow wrote:Hi all! ;-)

One of my TM's, nightowl (Dallayce), has complained to me about the TM TheScarletPimpernel. {down} She told me that he makes her feel uncomfortable to post as he had a go at her when she just became a TM, when she was only trying to post advice.
did you read the post she was talking about? this is the only thing I could find and it looks like nightowl kind of overreacted. http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 29#p592729 Ive never been a big supporter of TheScarletPimpernel, but I think nightowl may have taken it the wrong way
lizane

Post by lizane »

jdp3577 wrote:
yellow wrote:Hi all! ;-)

One of my TM's, nightowl (Dallayce), has complained to me about the TM TheScarletPimpernel. {down} She told me that he makes her feel uncomfortable to post as he had a go at her when she just became a TM, when she was only trying to post advice.
did you read the post she was talking about? this is the only thing I could find and it looks like nightowl kind of overreacted. http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 29#p592729 Ive never been a big supporter of TheScarletPimpernel, but I think nightowl may have taken it the wrong way
Yeah, I saw that thread... :neutral: I do agree with you that nightowl might have overreacted (I tried to make her feel better by saying TheScarletPimpernel didn't mean to hurt her), but you know, we're all different and from different cultures, perhaps she took it the wrong way - I don't know! I'm just trying to help here by playing the "middleman" as now nightowl wants to quit being a TM, and I've already lost so many team members... :( That's why I'm asking you guys what to do, as we all know TheScarletPimpernel can be very rude. {down}

I don't know what to do, because now I feel obligated to help out on this situation as I am nightowl's team leader, it's part of my job herer to help others. Perhaps we should just pm TheScarletPimpernel and ask him to be more polite in his posts, as members might be offended by what he says. :neutral:

Thanks for the help, everyone!
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

Nightowl has a LOT of good advice and I hope she doesn't leave. Unfortunately we can't prohibit people who will be rude or brash from posting but having a TM or Mod post that is not very good. It harms fanmail.biz as a site and reflects badly on the management.

I read the topic that jdp3577 posted and I have to say it doesn't sound that bad. Maybe it is the culture thing but I could brush it off as "bad day" syndrome but the PM to her friend does sound a little over the line.

Off topic: Is it just me or does Admin take a while to respond? I asked a while back about being a mod for the Collecting Help forum and I haven't heard back.

BossC
-Lil1-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by -Lil1- »

Liz,
I agree 100% with everything you said in your original post. ;-)
I think TheScarletPimpernel should be demoted as a TM but not temperarally banned. :neutral: I know Nightowl would feel so bad. {down}

It really is a shame the boards are beginning to flop with the kindness to other fellow members. It really is a shame. :cry:
It was such a welcoming and lovely place before, everybody wanted to be a member here... Now nobody wants to be a member here, because of a few people. :roll:

We shouldn't let them ruin a place and hobby we love. {thumb2}
Oh and Liz, Please, please, please dont take anything personally that any of the 'Rude' members say as I would hate to imagine you upset, :oops:
You are one of the nicest and most giving members here on fanmail and I would be so heartbroken if someone like you, who puts so much effort into the site, get had a go at personally for doing THE RIGHT thing. {down}

This really isn't on and if it continues they are going to have A LOT of explaining to do... If they get the chance! :lol:
-Lil1- ;-)
M:chael
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by M:chael »

yellow wrote: As I told Dallayce, TheScarletPimpernel is so "protective" of Broadway (as weird as that sounds!)
The usual rant from Greg (TheScarletPimpernel) is fully justified in my opinion. Why are people writing for signed playbills of shows they never saw, don't want to see, know nothing of anyone in them, etc.

Nightowl said "You could request a cast signed playbill from the Stage Mananger," which is bad advice and what got Greg "mad".

Greg is protective of Broadway because so many request to Broadway theatres are ruining the hobby he enjoys and loves.

Same thing as when people have autographs of people they don't know and ask who it is and everyone gets mad :? .
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

My opinion is they both overeacted. TheScarletPimpernel could have been more polite and Nightowl should have checked the facts a little more. As for TheScarletPimpernel I have never really been a fan of his. I have had run ins with him with his attitude before. But since he is on admins team now, it should be brought to his attention and he will have the final say. I doubt anythingwill come of it though.