Feedback Moderators: How to add Feedback without Mod Toolbar

Moderators' Forum.
mharm2k6
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Feedback Moderators: How to add Feedback without Mod Toolbar

Post by mharm2k6 »

Hello everyone, I've seen numerous people have issues with the Moderator's Feedback toolbar- and how it causes viruses or trojans {down} . While I don't know what exactly is happening or how to fix everyone's issue, I've decided to go ahead and post another instruction guide on how to add people to the Feedback Drawing without the toolbar {up} .
Disclaimer: This is only intended to be used by those of us Moderators assigned to the Feedback Forum and have been authorized by the forum Administrator (admin) to add people to the drawing and update the database. If you are found trying to exploit this, you will probably be IP banned. Also, while I see no possible way for this to do any damage of any sort to anyone or anything, I will not be held responsible for any actions of yours or the consequences of those actions should you decide to follow this. I have used it whenever I add Feedback (because I use FireFox 3.0) and personally haven't had an issue. That said, here's the pictoral guide.

1) Of course this starts out like any other Feedback, once you've located a new feedback- in this example it's RYAN J.'s Christian Bale Success.

2) Scroll up to the top of the page to the Search Bar and type in the name of the Celebrity (ex. Christian Bale), and click 'Search'

3) You may have to scroll through the results (in my example I did not), and find the main page for the celebrity

4)Click on the link to open into their page. As you can see the last feedback was received on the 4th of December, so it has not yet been updated.

5)This is the biggest step; Go to the address bar on your browser and in between the "/biz" and the ID number, insert the word "moderators/" (don't forget the slash at the end). So the URL format should now look like:

Code: Select all

http://fanmail.biz/moderators/_##_.html
where the "_##_" is replaced by the ID number

6)You will be led to a login page, which you should recognize.

7)Log in as usual. You should be led to the normal Celebrity Feedback page, update it as your usually would- and post your response post in the thread. Once done successfully, There should be a message Thanking you.

CONGRATULATIONS! You have successfully added Feedback without using the Toolbar, now go have a cookie :lol: - you deserve it. I hope this helps everybody and get the Feedback handled a little more efficiently. If anyone has any issues. please feel free to PM me. Hopefully, this counteracts the fact that I have been unable to do a huge amount on the site. Thanks to RYAN J. for the example feedback.
-M
:D
Last edited by admin on Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Images are going dead. Reloaded
mharm2k6
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Feedback Moderators: How to add Feedback without Mod Toolbar

Post by mharm2k6 »

Okay, so I finally got the post up like I had said. Just a heads up, on step #4, I took the screen cap into Photoshop and did a little editing to make it all fit into a smaller image. I apologize if the pictures are too large, but anything smaller and it's difficult to understand on a higher definition monitor.
-M
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Cool. Thanks for the steps! It'll probably be a lot easier until the toolbar is fixed (if that's even possible).
Btw, I doubt admin would ban any moderators who wanted to help in the feedback forum, as he's ALWAYS asking for more people to help out there. {up}
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

mharm2k6
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mharm2k6 »

I don't mean people just adding people to the drawing, I meant if people started messing around with it for some reason- just have to cover all of the angles so I don't get in trouble.
-M
mharm2k6
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mharm2k6 »

Alright, some of the images went dead today :roll: (or maybe earlier? :neutral: ) and were showing up as "image"- so if all of my images from my tutorials start going dead, I will try to get them up as soon as possible. For the time being, I think I have been able to re upload them. In theory I will end up using my web domain as a permanent host- but I have no time.
-M

Also in response to this message from celeb123:
celeb123 wrote:I have a question. After the log-in step, I hit enter but it will not let me enter. Do you know the reason?
Answer: Unless you have been specifically authorize by admin to submit people into the drawing and update the database, you will not be able to do anything for the time being. If you specifically were promoted to help update Feedback, then it shouldn't be long until the admin PM's you asking for information- along with sending you a link to the Moderation Toolbar (different than standard) and instructions. Once he has set you up with a login account for the database itself (usually the same information at the forum), you will be able to log-in to the Moderation pages.
-Matt
LikelyLadsfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LikelyLadsfan »

has the bar deffo go a virus then?

I might be getting a new comp in the next few weeks so not sure if im to learn this now or wait to download the bar.
Thanks to Hangman! great avator thanks qwertyuiopfor the brill sig!
Fav IP: Ant and Dec
Fav TTM: David Tennant and J K Rowling

http://chazs-autographs.weebly.com/index.html My autographs!
http://antndecarebrilliant.forumsland.com Ant and Dec!
mharm2k6
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mharm2k6 »

I can't say whether it does or not- as the only problems I really had with it was when the site went down, the bar went cookey. It would probably be easier to learn this method for the time being. Until I see some screenshots I wouldn't risk it. Plus, this way is nice because there's no risk of download as it's all web browser based- no matter what computer you're on in the world, the risk is the same as surfing the forums. I like it because I don't have to use Internet Explorer and can stick to my native Firefox.
-M

Just another helper to you Feedback Moderators: http://www.fanmail.biz/reply.php < it automatically updates with a list of the Feedbacks.
LikelyLadsfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LikelyLadsfan »

I think ill learn this then, with it not being my laptop I dont want to ruin it. I need to start adding people as im not very active :cry:

Give me some time though a low IQ, kids and little time is making it hard :lol:

mharm2k6
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mharm2k6 »

Haha, hopefully the pictures will help describe the steps... excluding those between 6 and 7. Basically the instructions are pretty much all the bar did. Once I got the hang of it, it was probably as efficient as the toolbar. If anyone needs any assistance, let me know.
LikelyLadsfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LikelyLadsfan »

Am gonna sound thick here but..
http://fanmail.biz/moderators/_##_.html
where the "_##_is replaced by the ID number
The Id number? Sorry to ask im low on sleep and abit slack :cry: :lol: