MODERATORS: What do we do?

Moderators' Forum.
lizane

MODERATORS: What do we do?

Post by lizane »

Hello everyone! ;-)

Welcome to the Moderator forum! As Fanmail.biz is getting bigger and bigger every day (we're #3 on Google when searched for "celebrity addresses"!), we need a bigger and more experienced moderating team to keep Fanmail.biz the best celebrity address database website on the net. {thumb2} So that means it's up to us to do certain things to keep it like that. So, what exactly should we do? I've made a list of things I think being a Moderator should do:

:arrow: Help in the "Feedback" forum:
If you were made a moderator to add members into the gift certificate draw, here's how to do so:
- admin will pm you details and a link to the "Moderator Control Panel", which you must download.
- To be added into the draw, a member must post:
a). the address used
b). the send/receive dates
c). scans of both the photo received and the envelope - you cannot add someone who only posted the autograph received!
- If one of the above details are left out, ask politely whether they have it before adding them into the draw.
- Remember to update the database with the receive date (not the date posted so read through the post)!
- A member must post their success within 3 months of the receive date to qualify to be added into the draw, so read carefully through their posts. {thumb2}

:arrow: Help out in the "Collecting Help" forum:
Now that you're a moderator, you must at least have very good knowledge about autograph collecting and tips. :) So, it's your job to help out newbies! I constantly come across topics in the "Collecting Help" forum, unanswered. :roll: So, if you don't know where or what the "Collecting Help" forum is, it's here! :lol: We will lose members if we don't prove ourselves to be helpful! Try to help out there as much as you can and help them - they don't know the forum yet so don't be rude to them and post things like "this has been asked 10 000 times, can't you read???". {nonono} Also, post links to other helpful topics so they can get to know the forum and autograph collecting better.

:arrow: Move, delete, merge, lock:
New members usually don't know where to post things, and then they post it anywhere. So, it's our job to move topics to the correct forum. {up} Here's a discriptions of each forum so you too can know where to move/post topics:
Request a Celebrity Address - Post your requests for celebrity addresses here. No more than 3 address requests per person per day please! (Subforum: Not Found - no addresses found for these celebrities)

Feedback - Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback! (Subforum: Via Venue Feedback - post via venue feedback here.)

Is This Address Still Up-To-Date? - Addresses in the database only. 1 address check per person per day.

Studio Fan Mail / Celebrity Merchandise - Autographed pictures received from Studio Fan Mail and Celebrity Merchandise. Post your feedback here.

Add / Update an Address - Add / Update an address in the database.

Cast Addresses - TV show addresses.

Autograph Collecting Discussions - General talk about autographs and collecting. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.

Is My Autograph Authentic? - Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.

Charity Auction - Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.

Has Anyone Had a Success Using This Address? - Exactly what it says!

Collecting Help - Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Forum Ideas - Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!

Current and Upcoming Productions - Movie Set Addresses.

Add / Request a 'Via Venue' Address - Post any information on upcoming venues or movie sets. Request movie set addresses here. 1
address request per person per day.

In Person Successes - Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.

Autographs For Sale / Exchange - What it says! (Subforum: Wanted - ask here if you want a specific autograph)

General Discussion - Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users. New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here!

Sports Forum - Chat about Athletics, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Tennis, and Soccer here.

Games - Vote for your favorite characters / TV Shows...

Moderators - This forum!

Trainee Moderators - TM's forum

Trash - Trash...

Only lock topics when:
- it's been discussed somewhere else and ask poster to continue discussion there (post the link to the topic).
- members argue or fight.

Move topics when:
- it's not posted in the correct forum.

Delete topics/posts when:
- it contains rude language.
- it's spam.

Merge posts/topics when:
- there's another topic/sticky about a certain thing and you don't want to stop discussion.

:arrow: Try to visit as regulary as possible:
Being a moderator, you are here to help out and definitly NOT FOR THE SO CALLED "TITLE"! If we find out you're just in it to look "cool", we will demote you to a regular member again! {down} Believe me, it takes us less than a week to realise this! It's your job to be helpful and to try to be active. Don't post too much in the "Games" forum, and post interesting things and not only to boost your posts count. :roll: If you are going to be away for a while, then it's no problem but please let us know so we don't think you're just inactive! {thumb2}

:arrow: ALWAYS be polite and avoid fights with others:
Fanmail.biz should be a friendly place where people can meet others and share their autographs. So, you as moderator should never argue/fight with others and if you see members fighting with each other, lock the topic and give them a warning if it continues. Never speak rudely to others, curse at them or cause a fight/arguement with other members. {down} You WILL get demoted or in a worse case banned.

:arrow: Don't give out warnings just for the sake of it:
Go slow on the warnings and actually, avoid giving out warnings. Things you can give warnings out for include:
- spamming
- cursing
- fighting continuly with others
- disobeying board rules

Please do not give out a warning for posting in the wrong forum - just move it then! If they continue to do so on purpose, the you can give them a warning, of course. {thumb2}

:arrow: Try to post interesting new topics and sticky interesting topics:
If you come across an interesting topic, sticky it so it doesn't get lost between other topics! :D Stickies are those topics at the top in each forum, it stays there and don't dissapear between other topics. {up} If a member post a topic which is already stickied, just merge it with the already stickied one (do not delete it or lock it!).

Well, that's pretty much it! {thumb2} If anyone has any questions or want to contribute to this list, post here or pm me (zanne)! :mrgreen:

Thank you for your help here at Fanmail.biz - it is greatly appreciated! :D

Regards,
zanne
admin
Site Admin

Re: MODERATORS: What do we do?

Post by admin »

Great thread Zanne {up} {up}

Fanmail 8)
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Nicely done, Lizanne. {thumb2}
Just one thing to add regarding adding people for the gift certificate. They must post their success within 3 months of the receive date to qualify. {up}

Larisie :)
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

lizane

Post by lizane »

Thank you admin and Larisie! :D
Larisie wrote:Nicely done, Lizanne. {thumb2}
Just one thing to add regarding adding people for the gift certificate. They must post their success within 3 months of the receive date to qualify. {up}

Larisie :)
Ooh, of course! :oops: Thank you Larisie!! {thumb2} I've added that! :D

Regards,
zanne
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

thank you for this thread! it will help me a lot :)
JANUARY SUCCESSES:: Jennette McCurdy, Nathan Kress, Shawn Johnson, Rob Schneider, Nikki Reed.
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

this may be the stupidest question ever, but how do you delete a topic? :oops: sorryyy i know im just learnin!
JANUARY SUCCESSES:: Jennette McCurdy, Nathan Kress, Shawn Johnson, Rob Schneider, Nikki Reed.
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Hi sunkissed,

Really you should never have to delete a topic. However, if you must due to a double topic or a member asking you to do so, then at the bottom left of the topic there should be a box which has "move topic," "merge posts" etc...under there it should say "delete topic"
If not, just PM a global mod or someone else that can delete posts and we'll be happy to do so for you. {up}

Larisie :D
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!

miley_rockz

Post by miley_rockz »

Hi zanne!

This is very helpful! Im a new Mod so this helps me alot! Thank you very much!
Credit To:Hangman
Credit To: Hangman
My Avatar Credit to Brando

SFM: 10
PP: 11
Authentic: 9
Personalized: 9
Total:39

Please Check Out my Website about my Autograph Collection
http://www.freewebs.com/maecyautographs
Thank you!
Sammya
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sammya »

It's OK to lock one of double topics when some member do them, isn't it?
>> My autograph collection site << *NEW WEBSITE!*
lizane

Post by lizane »

Sammya wrote:It's OK to lock one of double topics when some member do them, isn't it?
Hey Sammya! ;)

Yes, you can just lock one of the topics which has been posted twice. {up}

Feel free to ask if anyone has any questions!
zanne