Very confused about international SASE

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
zooiiks
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Very confused about international SASE

Post by zooiiks »

Hi...there are a number of people to which I'd love to send stuff in the UK (I'm in the US), but I honestly am at a loss when it comes to purchasing international stamps for the SASE. I saw there are a number of links where you can buy them. I don't have a postage scale, so I'm not sure on weight. Would anyone be willing to walk me through this?

I'd be most appreciative.

Many thanks!
2020 successes - John Larroquette, Dan Castellaneta, Anthony Edwards, Pedro Almodovar, Laura Linney, Ali MacGraw, Lucy Liu, Dana Delany, Carrie Coon, Padma Lakshmi, Ruby Rose, Tyne Daly, Robert Patrick, Jerry O'Connell, Ciaran Hinds, Joe Lo Truglio, Blair Underwood, Mark Addy, Robin Lord Taylor, Sarah Wayne Callies, Edie McClurg, Aimee Garcia, Dyan Cannon, Anne Winters, Linda Harrison, Nancy Kovack, Sabrina Gennarino, Madison Lintz, George Will, Tommy Chong, Ronny Cox, David Garrison. Michael Urie, Bob Eubanks, Dee Bradley Baker, Benjamin McKenzie, Jim Belushi, Macsen Lintz, Randy Travis, Bill Conti, Frank Abagnale, Michael Eisner, Harold Baines, Bobby Richardson, Jack McDowell, Rafael Palmeiro, Troy Tulowitzki, Dick Butkus, Anthony Munoz, Dan Dierdorf, Cliff Harris, Eli Manning, William Perry, Sterling Shepard, Bob Cousy, Maurice Cheeks, Paul Westphal, Guy Carbonneau, Doug Gilmour, Alex Delvecchio, Vaclav Nedomansky, Lou Lamoriello, Harry Sinden, Hayley Wickenheiser, Dan Jansen, Dara Torres,
FCM
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Very confused about international SASE

Post by FCM »

There's always Ebay. :) There are some new, unused ones that come in collections of 12 or so. I got 12 second-class stamps for $10.
I love hearing others' opinions! However, before you start commenting, please read this carefully: I welcome opinions but will not obey orders and suggestions. So, please don't say, "Toss that in the trash," or, "Frame the autograph right away," etc. I understand that you're sharing what you'd do, but you can't make me do what you order--what I received in the mail is mine, not yours.

Roberta2017
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Very confused about international SASE

Post by Roberta2017 »

I was able to purchase UK stamps via telephone and they have been dispatched to my U.S.address. (I just received confirmation today.) The lowest price (up to 100 grams) for a large envelope from UK to US was 3 pounds 15 pence; there is also a stamp with that denomination.