Options   View topic - HOw to send a SASE 123

Board index  >  Autograph Collectors  >  Collecting Help

Post a reply
HOw to send a SASE

HOw to send a SASE
by nabilr786 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:34 pm
I am new to this. What do i send if i am supposed to send an SASE. What do i :neutral: put in and on the outside of an envelope :neutral: :neutral:

Re: HOw to send a SASE
by Pencebaseball9 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:14 pm
I moved this to the correct board. Also feel free to look around this section for information.

I'll try to help you though. A SASE is an envelope in which you address to yourself,stamp, and enclose in the fan mail you are sending. This allows your celebrity to be able to reply to you.

You should have:
1 envelope addressed to your celebrity,stamped
1 SASE (put this inside the other envelope)
1 fan letter
optional: something for them to sign if needed

by Trottersfan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:16 pm
Hi There!

This thread gives you a step-by-step guide of how to send a request: viewtopic.php?f=117&p=369520

Hope that helped {thumb2}

by nabilr786 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:17 pm
what is an SASE, when you sais send 1 SASE. ps. do i put anything on the SASE

by cernan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:19 pm
Please read the posts above. They answer your question perfectly.

Thanks.

by Trottersfan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:20 pm
nabilr786 wrote:what is an SASE, when you sais send 1 SASE. ps. do i put anything on the SASE

On your SASE you put a stamp in the corner and your address on the envelope. This enables the celebrity to send it back to you at no cost to them.

You put the SASE inside the envelope you are sending to the celebrity un-sealed.

Hope that helped {thumb2}

by nabilr786 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:29 pm
thank you
god bless you
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

by danny2010 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:52 pm
this should help:
http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=14169

by katrina_keng » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:24 pm
PLS REPLY...
Iam really new to this if i live in Phiippines. Do i need a SASE and a IRC??? and what is a SASE and IRC??? Pls. reply!!! I really want to collect autographs... Iam begging pls reply!!!

by MrDubbs » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:53 am
So you'd buy an envelope bigger then 9x12, plus a 9x12. Then self address and stamp the 9x12, and put it in the bigger envelope with a letter and pictures (if wanted?)

do I have that right?

by RYAN J. » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:31 am
MrDubbs wrote:So you'd buy an envelope bigger then 9x12, plus a 9x12. Then self address and stamp the 9x12, and put it in the bigger envelope with a letter and pictures (if wanted?)

do I have that right?

Actually you can just use two 9x12 envelopes and just fold the SASE one. {up} Won't hurt the photo when it get's returned if you remember to put in a peice of cardboard.

RYAN J. 8)

by MrDubbs » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:42 am
awesome, thanks for the advice. the cardboard prevents the envelope from being bent I assume. So I assume I'd include it, it in the non folded envelope and the celeb would understand why it's there? Do you make it about the size of the envelope? Also, being that I've never mailed a piece of cardboard before how much does it cost to ship? so I'll know how many stamps to use for the return etc

thanks for your help, i'm a total noob when it comes to this

by RYAN J. » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 pm
You can also request in your letter or write on the piece of cardboard itself "Please place back in SASE to prevent damage to photo. Thanks." Cardboard can be same size as the envelope if you like. Maybe leave a tiny gap so it can be slid in and out without having to use extra force which may tear the envelope.

RYAN J. 8)

by librarian » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 pm
Greetings,
So, let me understand this.
Sending mail from USA to USA.
1.I have 9x 11 envelope, and I should put celebrity name, address on the Right lower corner, then my address on the Left Upper corner, put stamps on the envelope.
2. enclose my smaller envelope(SASE), 8x10, put my name on the lower right corner.(Now, do I put mail stamps on the envelope or just put them inside of that envelope)?
Thanks

Pencebaseball9 wrote:I moved this to the correct board. Also feel free to look around this section for information.

I'll try to help you though. A SASE is an envelope in which you address to yourself,stamp, and enclose in the fan mail you are sending. This allows your celebrity to be able to reply to you.

You should have:
1 envelope addressed to your celebrity,stamped
1 SASE (put this inside the other envelope)
1 fan letter
optional: something for them to sign if needed

by RYAN J. » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:55 pm
Here's a couple of examples of my SASE's that I do. I put my address in both spots on the SASE and put the celeb's initials next to it. that way the post office doesn't know who it's from and if something goes wrong it will be delivered to me either way. {up}

9x12 SASE:

#10 SASE: (Most common for 4x6 photos and smaller:

Hope this helps you!

RYAN J. 8)

Next