Letter

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
smokeyjoe4848
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Letter

Post by smokeyjoe4848 »

I know this is in the wrong sections but I have no idea where to put it, so therefor i apologize in advance.But, moving on, can someone give an example or say what they write about when writing letter to singer/actors/actresses and also if I live in the US and send out of country what do I need to include just more stamps?
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Letter

Post by ozzman »

Its your letter. Say what you want. Tell the person why you admire there work, etc.........If sending out of the country send irc(international reply coupons) So they can send back to you. Or you can send a buck or 2.
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hello smokeyjoe4848! ;-)

I moved this topic to the "Collecting Help" forum! {thumb2}

To answer your questions...
Can someone give an example or say what they write about when writing letter to singer/actors/actresses?
As ozzman said, it's your letter and you can write about anything you want to tell the celebrity. {up} For example, tell them about your favourite movie/album, why you admire them, what projects you're looking forward to, etc. Also, feel free to tell them about yourself, but keep the letter short to one page only! Celebrities receives hundreds of letter daily and they only skim through each letter. If you want an autograph in return, remember to say so. They'll probably send you one anyway but it's better to ask! {thumb2}
Also, if I live in the US and send out of country what do I need to include? Just more stamps?
You'll need at least 2 IRC's for the return postage. For more information on IRC's, click here. Otherwise, if you can't get any IRC's, you can send $ 1 for return postage - but always be careful when sending money, keep it safe! {up}

Good luck, smokeyjoe4848! :D If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask!

Regards,
Lizanne
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

It depends on where you are sending to. People say that sending a couple of bucks is a good idea but remember that USA currency isn't recognised outside of the USA so it is pretty bad manners to send it in a request to - lets say - the UK. It probably wouldn't hinder your chances of getting an autograph that much but it's more work for the celebrity getting it converted so better to be safe than sorry. Most UK collectors are desperate for USA stamps so you could easily find a trade partner.

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
rice
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rice »

Hey, I din;t want to start a new topic so I'm writeing here, my question is, when you write to a celeb like Lindsay Lohan (I sent her a letter about a month ago but I think that letter sucked big time -_-" altough it was the first I have written to a celeb and I'd like to send another one) but back to my question should i write to her 'bout her personal life like drugs and the rest of her problems and all the crap going on in her life? would this letter be to personal or intimate? 'cuz i just adore Linds and I don't want to hurt her with the letter. And won't it be to pushy to send 2nd letter in such a short time? or maybe it would just be wrong? Please help me.

Autographs received:
SFM: Charmed, Kate Walsh, Elisha Cuthbert, Kate Moss, Courtney Cox Arquette, Beverly Hills 90210, Jessica Biel, Matthew Fox, Jensen Ackles, America Ferrera
PP:Desperate Housewives female cast
AP: Milla Jovovich
Real: Ryan Reynolds, Ali Larter, Briana Evigan, Shia LaBeouf
smokeyjoe4848
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smokeyjoe4848 »

Also, when writing a letter should you act is if you are talking to the celebrity (because you arent usually sending it to there like their company or something) or act as if the person is a messenger
danny2010

Post by danny2010 »

smokeyjoe4848 wrote:Also, when writing a letter should you act is if you are talking to the celebrity (because you arent usually sending it to there like their company or something) or act as if the person is a messenger
I make mine sound like I am addressing the celebrity not the agents, even if I now it will be read by their agent.
{star} Check out my entire collection: http://danielsautos.webs.com/ {star}