Sending Letters to the UK

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
llaxislove
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Sending Letters to the UK

Post by llaxislove »

Hi, Is there anything special needed to be done when sending a letter to the UK if you live in the US?

Also if you do not include IRCs will you still be able to get a returned letter if you include an SASE?

please help.. I am trying to get kiera knightleys autograph
glucklich

Re: Sending Letters to the UK

Post by glucklich »

I'm sure there's a thread about this located somewhere. But in short, when writing out of the US you need to include an IRC or an SASE with that countries stamps on it. You cannot use US postage outside of the United States. It's worthless. You could always try just sending an SAE and see if you get a response.
Authentic: 87 ||| PP/AP: 58 |||Authenticity Unknown: 4 ||||| Total: 149
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

It depends on the celebrity if they're greedy or not. If you're sending out of the US and don't have IRCs or stamps from that country, you can sometimes include a money order or check for postage. Another way is to ask the celebrity nicely if they can please provide the postage.
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME

cazcaz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cazcaz »

I live in the UK and just wanted to point out that sending US cheques to someone in the UK is no use, we can't use them.
An IRC is your best bet. UK Post Offices are familiar with them and accept them, because I've bought them myself recently.
Recent successes: David Tennant (IP), Catherine Tate (IP), Steven Moffat, Professor Brian Cox, Peter Jones, James Fleet
RingosDrum
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RingosDrum »

I'm in the USA and when I send a request to the UK I use US stamps on my SASE and it has worked most of the time so far. I know other people who use US stamps successfully too. I used IRCs once when I first started and that worked too, but it's a little more of a hassle.
BABii_ANG3L
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BABii_ANG3L »

I have no idea about checks..maybe if you send from the bank you use which they also have in another country? I know HSBC is a good one.. but I don't know.
i CAN LUV U 4EVER BUT NEVER WiLL i BE iN LOVE WiTH U 'TiL U LUV ME