How long should I waite for a reply?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Sai
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

How long should I waite for a reply?

Post by Sai »

I'm new at autograph collecting and was wondering how long should I waite for a reply before giving up on it ever arriving?

I live in Australia and sent an autogrph request to Daniel Craig in England on the 13/12/06, So it's been a little over a month.
Now I know it was probably a bad time to send it as the mail is slow due to christmas and Daniel prob would be holidaying rather than being in an office signing autographs. However I looked at the return times on this site and most people seem to have had replies in 2-4 weeks so I was wondering if I am likely to get a reply soon or not. I'm not being impatient I am just trying to predict when to keep a look out for it in the mail (if i get a reply). Can anyone give me an opinion?

I also sent a request to Djimon Hounsou in America on the 11/1/07. I know he is less popular than soemone as well known as Daniel Craig so should I be expecing a faster reply or just the same as any other actor?
My Autograph Web Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/sai_q

R.I.P. Heath...Will always miss you
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

Be patient, there is no set time for receiving something back. The celeb could be busy working on a movie or something. I've seen successes come back like 3 years later. If you are worried, and its been about 6-8 months, you could try again if you'd like.
Sai
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sai »

3 years! wow! Who took that long?
My Autograph Web Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/sai_q

R.I.P. Heath...Will always miss you
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

your welcome :)
I dont remember, I saw it posted awhile ago on stararchive, the autograph must have gotten lost in the mail.