10) Where to buy US stamps?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Moderator: admin

Bmwman525
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: 10) Where to buy US stamps?

Post by Bmwman525 »

Hi I would like to contact various celebrities in the USA...I live in the United Kingdom......I want to send the cost of postage ,so it is easy to get the autograph returned.
However at this time 11th November 2014......The Post Office over here does not do International Reply Coupons any more. I have asked what is available..and was told they have no idea.
Has anybody on here have any ides where or what I can do....
Kind Regards.......my email is gcsandom@hotmail.com
fromuk2014
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by fromuk2014 »

Bmwman525 wrote:Hi I would like to contact various celebrities in the USA...I live in the United Kingdom......I want to send the cost of postage ,so it is easy to get the autograph returned.
However at this time 11th November 2014......The Post Office over here does not do International Reply Coupons any more. I have asked what is available..and was told they have no idea.
Has anybody on here have any ides where or what I can do....
Kind Regards.......my email is gcsandom@hotmail.com
Global Forever stamps, ebay.
Tanya-rosemeyer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Tanya-rosemeyer »

hey, I'd like to know which american stamps of which price I should send with my envelope... I was looking for it on Ebay and if I find them there maybe I buy them!
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by kimmylee »

http://www.usps.com has all the price information, calculators etc.
This topic already has the stamps you need referenced several times in the last few pages so please take the time to read it. :)
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Tanya-rosemeyer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Tanya-rosemeyer »

kimmylee wrote:http://www.usps.com has all the price information, calculators etc.
This topic already has the stamps you need referenced several times in the last few pages so please take the time to read it. :)
Thank you
Gwynethdestiny
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Gwynethdestiny »

You can find all that information on USPS. You can put in the country (yours), then the shape of the envelope, and the weight.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/

Then it will tell you how much that will cost. You would want the price at the bottom of the list---the least expensive one.

You need to go to your post office and have your "return" envelope, and photo, weighed---you are only weighing what is being returned to you. If you are sending photos then you weigh those too. If you are not sending a photo, but are hoping they will send one, then take a photo you have to weigh it so you can get an idea of how much the total return weight is.

The weight is in ounces on USPS so if you need to convert to grams you can use an online converter.

Here's an online converter:

http://bilet.pp.ru/calculator/convert_o ... _grams.php

Once you know the cost then you can buy your stamps.
Tonyieta
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Tonyieta »

kimmylee wrote:http://www.usps.com has all the price information, calculators etc.
Jordan-Valentine
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Jordan-Valentine »

Well i haven't been a member here very long but I know this and If you can get someone you trust to mail them to you, and you mail them the money, that is the way to go! USPS charges $6 to mail to Canada, AND I got charged another $8.63 at the border. $5 handling fee and the remainder in tax. So it cost me around $15 to get around $30 of stamps sent to me!!!!

Prior to that I would place my order on the phone and have them sent to a friend in the US and it would only cost me a dollar to get them mailed to me.

To send to the UK is probably more, maybe $8. You need to call them toll free and ask.

The same with getting stamps mailed from Royal Mail. It cost me as much to have them delivered as it does for a book of stamps. I have a friend I can ask but I hate to keep bothering them with it.
Bri0626
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Bri0626 »

I used to have a US stamp shop here on the site, I only charged $1.50 for shipping worldwide. Unfortunately I had to shut it down. Too many people were dishonest, and it just got to be too much work. I stated that I would only accept PayPal for payments, but many people refused to do it that way and wanted to send me foreign currency. My small-town bank won't exchange foreign currency, so that would have done me no good. When I agreed to trade for stamps of another country, one person never sent mine but I sent theirs and so I was ripped off. And while I can't tell people what to do, I think it is rude to buy stamps from someone and then turn around to resell them for profit (which someone else did with the stamps I sent them). I really didn't do it for profit (if I made any money, it was about 20¢), I did it to help people and I just got stabbed in the back one too many times. I considered reopening my shop with stricter rules, but this site has gotten so out of hand that I barely ever check it anymore. A few times I had gotten about 5+ orders in one day, so it was just really hard to keep up with everyone as well.

I agree that it is much easier to have a trusted person send you stamps instead of buying them online and paying huge shipping charges. Unfortunately, many people are not trustworthy and it has made buying stamps on this site pretty difficult.

Last 5 Received: William Kircher, Saoirse Ronan, Ciarán Hinds, Lupita Nyong'o, Rhys Ifans.
Last 5 Sent: Jack O'Connell, Richard Madden, Lily James, Alfie Allen, Jesse Eisenberg.
Most Wanted: Matthew Gray Gubler/CM cast, LOTR/Hobbit cast: Lee Pace, Hugo Weaving, Evangeline Lilly, Viggo Mortensen, Billy Boyd, etc.
View my collection HERE!
dancinggirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by dancinggirl »

Bonjour. If i can get stamps for another country I try to. You can get French stamps, from France Post---there you can buy any denomination, in any amount. I tried to buy them from Switzerland, ala eat but they required a minimum order of $15---and ala I didn't need that much. I have tried to buy them from the UK, but they don't offer them in the denominations I need in small amounts. You have to buy like one hundred. I have seen booklets of four world stamps, but it's already expensive for me and those would add up to more than ala I would require on one envelope. But if that's all I can get then I'll have to take it see see.
XXOO!