10) Where to buy US stamps?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Moderator: admin

Darkmere
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: 10) Where to buy US stamps?

Post by Darkmere »

Hi everyone,

New here, recently started collecting again after a long long absence...there's just nothing better than that feeling you get when you open that envelope!

I am in the UK, and I would like to add to this that on ebay, I found what it says is the official ebay shop of USPS and they do send anywhere in the world. I just made a purchase of a sheet of 10 $2 stamps, which I will try to use on SAEs when sending to the celebs. I thought I would go that route not knowing if I could use multiple Global Forever stamps for higher weights. I hope they are legit! Cost was face value plus a smidge over $6 for shipping and postage to the UK. Hope this helps anyone in the same position. (their username on ebay is usps)

Paul
My autograph website (a journey from the late 70s and onwards!):

http://pkautographs.weebly.com/

Bri0626
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Bri0626 »

Darkmere wrote:Hi everyone,

New here, recently started collecting again after a long long absence...there's just nothing better than that feeling you get when you open that envelope!

I am in the UK, and I would like to add to this that on ebay, I found what it says is the official ebay shop of USPS and they do send anywhere in the world. I just made a purchase of a sheet of 10 $2 stamps, which I will try to use on SAEs when sending to the celebs. I thought I would go that route not knowing if I could use multiple Global Forever stamps for higher weights. I hope they are legit! Cost was face value plus a smidge over $6 for shipping and postage to the UK. Hope this helps anyone in the same position. (their username on ebay is usps)

Paul
Yes, you can use multiple Global Forever stamps for higher weights! And just wanted to let you (and everyone else) know that I sell US stamps and charge way less than $6 for shipping. :) Anyone can contact me if they need stamps, I'll gladly help out.

Last 5 Received: William Kircher, Saoirse Ronan, Ciarán Hinds, Lupita Nyong'o, Rhys Ifans.
Last 5 Sent: Jack O'Connell, Richard Madden, Lily James, Alfie Allen, Jesse Eisenberg.
Most Wanted: Matthew Gray Gubler/CM cast, LOTR/Hobbit cast: Lee Pace, Hugo Weaving, Evangeline Lilly, Viggo Mortensen, Billy Boyd, etc.
View my collection HERE!
Darkmere
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Darkmere »

Thankyou Bri for both the information and the offer, that is extremely kind. When these run out I might very well take you up on that!

Best wishes

Paul
My autograph website (a journey from the late 70s and onwards!):

http://pkautographs.weebly.com/

Mullins_Madhouse
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Mullins_Madhouse »

Hi

we sell stamps from all over the world if you are interested drop me a line

Mark [uk]
Buy Postage Stamps from a wide variety of countries visit http://www.thealaddinscave.org.uk also board backed envelopes and mail lite padded jiffy bags
Autographcollecter16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Autographcollecter16 »

Hi can someone please explain to me how to use those coupons thingys i just don't get it! i want to send my Mamma Mia! DVD cover for one last signature from Amanda Seyfried then it's got the main people i wanted on it

Many thanks to the nice people that actually help me :-)
Bri0626
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Bri0626 »

Autographcollecter16 wrote:Hi can someone please explain to me how to use those coupons thingys i just don't get it! i want to send my Mamma Mia! DVD cover for one last signature from Amanda Seyfried then it's got the main people i wanted on it

You can't use those anymore, unfortunately. The US Postal Service has stopped selling them and most, if not all, of the post offices here will not accept them anymore. Your best bet is to buy some US stamps!

Last 5 Received: William Kircher, Saoirse Ronan, Ciarán Hinds, Lupita Nyong'o, Rhys Ifans.
Last 5 Sent: Jack O'Connell, Richard Madden, Lily James, Alfie Allen, Jesse Eisenberg.
Most Wanted: Matthew Gray Gubler/CM cast, LOTR/Hobbit cast: Lee Pace, Hugo Weaving, Evangeline Lilly, Viggo Mortensen, Billy Boyd, etc.
View my collection HERE!
Autographcollecter16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Bri0626 wrote:
Autographcollecter16 wrote:Hi can someone please explain to me how to use those coupons thingys i just don't get it! i want to send my Mamma Mia! DVD cover for one last signature from Amanda Seyfried then it's got the main people i wanted on it

You can't use those anymore, unfortunately. The US Postal Service has stopped selling them and most, if not all, of the post offices here will not accept them anymore. Your best bet is to buy some US stamps!
Thanks you just made things a whole less complicated! So how many stamps would you recommend for a dvd cover and a letter in an a4 standard letter?
Bri0626
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Bri0626 »

Autographcollecter16 wrote:
Bri0626 wrote:

Thanks you just made things a whole less complicated! So how many stamps would you recommend for a dvd cover and a letter in an a4 standard letter?
You would need one Global Forever stamp (worth $1.10) or three first-class stamps (worth 46¢ each). :)

View my collection HERE!
Autographcollecter16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Thanks you just made things a whole less complicated! So how many stamps would you recommend for a dvd cover and a letter in an a4 standard letter?[/quote]
You would need one Global Forever stamp (worth $1.10) or three first-class stamps (worth 46¢ each). :)[/quote]

Thanks for your help!
EmbraceTheMadness
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by EmbraceTheMadness »

They can also be purchased on ebay and amazon {up}
Check out my autographs on my website :D
http://xxvampirelov3rsautographsxx.webs.com
/

Check out my YouTube Channel