10) Where to buy US stamps?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Moderator: admin

SeanKelly1233
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: 10) Where to buy US stamps?

Post by SeanKelly1233 »

Thanks Admin! {up}
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Contact Me:
[us] [uk] [ie] sean@fanmail.biz [ie] [uk] [us]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
eveliendorien
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by eveliendorien »

thanks for the link..

Does anyone know whether or not they ship their stamps abroad as well? :neutral:
owned 90

visit! http://www.freewebs.com/twinzz for our collection
NEWLY UPDATED WITH MANY MANY!!!!!

Greatest accomplishments:

Derek Jeter (NY Yankee), Johnny R. Cash (singer), One Tree Hill script, Reese Witherspoon, Joaquin Phoenix

Nice ones:

Danneel Harris, Sophia Bush, Constance Marie, Jensen Ackles/Jared Padalecki, Jordana Brewster, Sara Foster, Kate Voegele,...

There are just so many!!!!!!!!!
grahams222
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner
Interests:

Post by grahams222 »

There was someone on here that offered to send me some pictures for the fundraiser & all that they asked for was stamps, I purchased 94 & 84 cent stamps for them & sent them to Russia, no forms to fill out & he got the stamps
still.ill
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by still.ill »

the USPS site says they're not currently accepting International orders, which is rubbish because i figured it's cheaper to send US stamps with autograph requests rather than IRCs because they work out twice the price!
he6rt6gr6m
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by he6rt6gr6m »

still.ill wrote:the USPS site says they're not currently accepting International orders, which is rubbish because i figured it's cheaper to send US stamps with autograph requests rather than IRCs because they work out twice the price!
Its still like that now.

There is no getting stamps from these guys here... Which is lame...

Still says " The Postal Store is not accepting International orders at this time."
noodlez
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by noodlez »

I have already posted this in another topic but thought it would be also (especially) helpful in this topic...

Mid/end of August I sent a mail to the staff of the USPS site concering international shipping... This is the mail I received:

Dear JANET __________,

Thank you for contacting us about trying to place an International order through the Postal Store®.

We are currently not accepting International orders through the Postal Store®. Until this is resolved, you are welcome to place your order using either of these methods:

- By phone

1-816-545-1000
Hours of operation are 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM CST Monday – Friday; closed holidays

- By mail

Stamp Fulfillment Services
PO Box 7247
Philadelphia, PA 19101-7097

If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for choosing the United States Postal Service®.

Regards,

Angela G

In another mail I asked about payment and this was the answer:

Thank you for your reply.

We require payment before we send out the items. We will not bill you for the items ordered.

If you mail in your order, you can pay by either of these methods:

- Credit Card
- International Money Order
- Check Preprinted in U.S. Funds
- Draft Drawn on a U.S. Bank

All payments must be in U.S. Funds.

If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for choosing the United States Postal Service®.

Regards,

Angela G

They do not accept cash at all!
ImageImageImageImage
most wanted: RICHARD GERE, Ed Helms and Jon Stewart (all personalized {??} )
most proud of: {??} {??} DYLAN WALSH {??} {??} CLAY AIKEN {??} {??} ANDERSON COOPER {??} {??}
nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by nightowl »

If you can get someone you trust to mail them to you, and you mail them the money, that is the way to go! USPS charges $6 to mail to Canada, AND I got charged another $8.63 at the border. $5 handling fee and the remainder in tax. So it cost me around $15 to get around $30 of stamps sent to me!!!!

Prior to that I would place my order on the phone and have them sent to a friend in the US and it would only cost me a dollar to get them mailed to me.

To send to the UK is probably more, maybe $8. You need to call them toll free and ask.

The same with getting stamps mailed from Royal Mail. It cost me as much to have them delivered as it does for a book of stamps. I have a friend I can ask but I hate to keep bothering them with it.
amyfairycakes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by amyfairycakes »

Buying stamps off eBay is also good, I did this the last time I needed some, and all went smoothly.
nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by nightowl »

Do you have a problem being charged handling and tax at the border? I guess as long as it's under $20 CA you are okay.

What kind of shipping fee are they charging? And what denominations are you getting? Because I had a look through there before and I was having a really hard time finding what I wanted.

I usually get 20-$1.00 stamps; 20-41 cents stamps, and 20-5 cent stamps.