10) Where to buy US stamps?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Moderator: admin

kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: 10) Where to buy US stamps?

Post by kimmylee »

Rourke24 wrote:thank you so much for that link KimmyLee, and your amazing information you've provided to others.

Great community spirit.

As you do seem to know quite a bit, would you say 2 Global Forever Stamps would cover a 10x8 cardboard back envelope with a couple of photos inside?

My instinct is to say no, as i think USPS count cardboard envelopes as packages which raises the cost considerably.

They have a postal calculator in their website, so use that and it'll give you the correct answer.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Michaelicoff
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

10 Where to buy US stamps

Post by Michaelicoff »

Im looking to buy the red stickers that comes with the game and watch? thanks
I recommend this auto trading system for reliable trading
USPS_Supervisor
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by USPS_Supervisor »

There are alot of different places that you can buy US postage stamps as the United States Postal Service has expanded the availability of the products recently.

For a full list of places, locations, hours, and types of stamps available visit: http://postage-stamps.net

Some of the most popular places to buy postage stamps besides your local post office are listed below. All of these places sell books of 20 stamps that are nondenominational Forever stamps. They are all open 7 days a week and offer better hours than you local post office.

- Walmart
- Target
- Meijer
- Kroger
- Giant
- Giant Eagle
- Ralphs
- Albertosons
- CVS
- Walgreens
- Rite Aid

There are some banks that sell stamps as well. These banks only sell individual non denominational stamps and they are all closed on Sundays.

- Wells Fargo
- US Bank
- Fifth and Third
- Key Bank

There is also the option of ordering stamps online. Here you can get different denominations as well as a variety of designs.

- USPS.com
- Amazon.com

Lastly you may be surprised but you can get stamps at courier services of USPS competitors. They actually sell USPS products like first class stamps, Express Mail, and Priority Mail.

- UPS
- Fed Ex
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by kimmylee »

The reply above is only good if you live in the USA.

Most seeking US stamps live abroad, Amazon is an option, USPS.com is not (they do not ship abroad), but they do have an official eBay store with worldwide shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USPS-New-Globa ... 4b2a7fb5a7

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USPS-New-Moon- ... 33b708970f
NO LONGER ACTIVE
C0deye1982
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by C0deye1982 »

Hi all,

There hasn't been a reply on this thread for a bit, but can anyone help me please?

I live in the UK and need to send a 8.5x11 SEA to the US(California).

Are the below the best stamps to buy to pay for the postage back to the UK? If not, or they are available cheaper elsewhere, can you please advise. Also, using the postage calculator it's coming out at $34.25(£25.74) which seems a little expensive. What prices should I be looking at?
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by kimmylee »

When using the calculator, first make sure to calculate by size/ shape, then you need to go to the bottom of the list and view the "First Class Mail International" price, that is the cheapest service (what we would call Airmail).

You can use any US stamps, including Global Forever as long as the value covers the price.

$1.15 is the price of each Global Forever stamp, you are very unlikely to find them on sale anywhere for less than face value.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Racing_Driver_Autos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Racing_Driver_Autos »

C0deye1982 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:11 pm Hi all,

There hasn't been a reply on this thread for a bit, but can anyone help me please?

I live in the UK and need to send a 8.5x11 SEA to the US(California).

Are the below the best stamps to buy to pay for the postage back to the UK? If not, or they are available cheaper elsewhere, can you please advise. Also, using the postage calculator it's coming out at $34.25(£25.74) which seems a little expensive. What prices should I be looking at?
Have you had any luck working the site out? I'm getting the same sort of answers which as you say is stupid considering it will only cost us £10 max to send out there
Lundar
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Lundar »

Try this page: https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c341
The UK is price group 3 so you're probably looking at $2.40 or more depending on the weight.
Be careful, though. They give their prices based on ounces and 1 ounce isn't very much (about 28g). It probably be OK for an envelope and 1 picture, but 2 pictures would probably go over the ounce.
They do sell "forever" stamps which are the first class letter price, so an 8.5x11 would take two (plus some extra if it's heavier).
MattWolf76
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by MattWolf76 »

Hi folks, I remember years ago I could purchase a voucher, which could be redeemed for postage. I believe they’re now longer available. I appreciate this question has probably been raised a few times, but cannot see anything recent with a defined answer.

I live in the UK, and want to post an 8x10 with a return postage, which would be in a standard sized mailer. What’s the best and easiest solution, to send the SAE? Originally, I was thinking of putting money (in dollars) to cover the postage putting enough in to more than cover the cost, so they could pay for the postage.
Ideally, I want to make life easy for the recipient, so they can just post it back. I can find something confusing, so what’s the simplest and easiest way to purchase postage for a return stamped address envelope?

Thanking you in advance
LaserG
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by LaserG »

Has anyone from Russia bought US stamps? Where do you buy them?