Mail from Canada to USA

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
gatheringblues
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Mail from Canada to USA

Post by gatheringblues »

I know this is going to sound extremely weird, but I have never mailed a letter in my life before. :oops:

I'm interested in mailing to a celebrity (Shay Mitchell) in the USA, from Canada.

Do I put Canadian stamps on the envelope and USA stamps on the SASE? How many should I put?
selenalover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Mail from Canada to USA

Post by selenalover »

Yep,you are correct put Canada stamps on the envelope you sent to the the celebrity and us stamp on the sase:) first don't put permanent Canada stamp on your envelope you sent since it's for local only international mail is $1.8 about,but for us I'm not sure;)
Go and ask more info in the post office there are lots everywhere,I believe you know where they are,staples,shoppers :)
Recently Sent:Ashley Benson
Recently Recieved:Josh Hutcherson
RECEIVED:Selena Gomez(authentic,SFM,trade),Jennifer Lawrence(Sec),Bonnie Wright(PP),Chelsea Kane,Greyson Chance(IPx3),Jenny Han(author),Amanda Seyfriedx4,Ashley Bensonx2,Alexander Ludwig,Drew Seeleyx2,Chris Colfer(SFM)Debby Ryan,Nicole Anderson,Cher Lloyd(bought)(trade), Josh Hutcherson
I LOVE ONE DIRECTION,SELENA GOMEZ,CHER LLOYD AND TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh,and yeah like my FB page it's about 1D: http://www.facebook.com/onedirectionersbest
Sometimes it's really sad to trade with someone and they don't send you back anything! So disappointed by some people!
Jennie<3
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jennie<3 »

It all depends on the size of the envelope and the weight. The Canadian stamps you are going to specifically need are the ones that have a doe on the stamp.
ff_angel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ff_angel »

Stamps from Canada to USA cost $1.05 each
This link on the Canada Post website might help you, it's a link to US stamps:
http://www.canadapost.ca/shop/Postage/S ... ution=e1s1
To see more of my successes please look at my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SarahsAutosPage
It has been updated with NEW posts!! (17August 2015) Please feel free to like and comment.!

Latest success: Michelle Fairley

Currently collecting:
SCRUBS 8 cast members (8 photos)
LOST: 20 cast members (30 photos)
HUNGER GAMES:33 cast members (50 photos)
HARRY POTTER:: 44 cast members (61 photos)
And many more!

If anyone has any valid addresses for members of the televison show LOST or SCRUBS please PM me. Please check the Scrubs thread
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

So long as they add up to the correct amount, almost any US stamp can be used for international postage. They do not have to say 'Global.' (You cannot use stamps marked 'Nonprofit' or 'Postage Due' or "For Government Use,' for example.)
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/